LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

JUST PUBLISHED! "KEZAR STADIUM-49ers Fan's Remember" history book.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
JUST PUBLISHED! For those 49ers fans who attended Kezar Stadium in San Francisco, or heard about this historic stadium, home to the founding 49ers from 1946-70, you'll want this book for your library or in your 49ers man cave. Written by the fans, for the fans, this book covers the old All-American Conference when the 49ers organization built this team (1946-49) to joining the National Football League in 1950. Relieve the great players (Tittle, Brodie, Wilson, St. Clair, Nomellini, Krueger, and so many others); the great games: The "alley-oop" pass play from Tittle to Owens), the last second "Cliffhangers" victories, the unruly, outlandish, sometimes brawling fans who were so passionate about the 49ers; and read about the seagulls, the fog, the cold bite of the Pacific ocean and the rising sun that drove the players nuts; the "Million Dollar Backfield" of Y.A. Tittle, Hugh McElhenny, Joe Perry, and John Henry Johnson in all their glory at Kezar, as well as all of the other 49ers players, Kezar employees, the visiting teams, who all
made an impact at the stadium; and there was the Christopher Milk section was where kids could hop the railings and mingle with players, securing autographs or a chin strap after games and if lucky, they could win a signed football in a raffle each game; the playoff games and NFC championship game are featured; and a chapter dedicated to the All-Time decades team's, beginning in the 1940s, and vital statistics from the era from games played there, and so much more With the Holiday's approaching, this is a wonderful gift for dad or grand dad. Don't miss out on this book with great 49ers historical significance. The book is 267 pages, 75 photos, 6" x 9" size. Kindle version $9.95, softbound book $22.50 from Amazon.com, Ebay is $14.50 for the softbound book , or you can order it directly directly from the author, Martin Jacobs for $14.50, at [email protected], or by writing P.O. Box 22026, San Francisco, CA. 94122. The author accepts Paypal, check, or Money-Order.

[ Edited by Martyjac on Oct 16, 2020 at 12:53 PM ]
Marty and I used to collect the seat cushions at Kezar after the game for a nickel apiece. He is a lifelong 49er fan with excellent writing skills and I highly recommend his work to all true Niner fans...
Before my time but it looks cool.
Awesome. Just purchased this today!
Think in 25 years they will publish the atrocities at Levi's?
I recall you came in here looking for fans with tales to tell about the stadium.

Nice to see it got done!
My favorite memory (which probably isn't in the book) was the wife of a city council member or something like that, doing a striptease dance at the end of the stadium. She was drunk and they stopped her before she got naked but the players all stopped to watch. It was hilarious. She stood up on the little wall that separated the seats and the field and started dancing when the old 49er band started playing.
Share 49ersWebzone