There are 177 users in the forums

SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ward in my opinion should at minimum be playing double-duty. Stick him in the slot on nickel calls, and have Moore play FS on those. Ward can move back to FS in base.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Ward in my opinion should at minimum be playing double-duty. Stick him in the slot on nickel calls, and have Moore play FS on those. Ward can move back to FS in base.

That's what I would do too honestly. I doubt It happens though. The coaches don't seem too high on Moore for whatever reason.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

That's what I would do too honestly. I doubt It happens though. The coaches don't seem too high on Moore for whatever reason.

Moore's problem has been inconsistency with wrapping up and bad tackling angles sometimes. He might be a hair less disciplined, but he is superior to Ward in virtually every other way. Range, ball skills, and coverage ability are all areas that Moore is better.

Moore's problem has been inconsistency with wrapping up and bad tackling angles sometimes. He might be a hair less disciplined, but he is superior to Ward in virtually every other way. Range, ball skills, and coverage ability are all areas that Moore is better.

I disagree. If Moore is better in all those abilities you say: coverage ability, ball skills, range.....lol then he would easily be starting.

Ward was one of the top rated FS last year... that's not what a fodder player would put out. I highly doubt Moore could be rated a top flight safety.

If Moore was so damn good.... then they would've slotted him in and moved Wars to the slot. To help with these injuries. The fact they have not tells us all we need to know.

For as much as Moore flashes sexiness he also flashes a lot of "GTFO" moments too. He's not an NFL starter
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Kwon is out! Huuuuuge upgrade for the 49ers!

Just not at SAM.. Azeez will be in and he's terrible. Top 5 needs for the 49ers next year (not in order) are OL, CB, DE, LB, WR in my opinion.

I'd like to see Joe Walker in over Azeez Al-Shaair.
Originally posted by wailers15:

I disagree. If Moore is better in all those abilities you say: coverage ability, ball skills, range.....lol then he would easily be starting.

Ward was one of the top rated FS last year... that's not what a fodder player would put out. I highly doubt Moore could be rated a top flight safety.

If Moore was so damn good.... then they would've slotted him in and moved Wars to the slot. To help with these injuries. The fact they have not tells us all we need to know.

For as much as Moore flashes sexiness he also flashes a lot of "GTFO" moments too. He's not an NFL starter

Did you read Shanahan's explanation of why they didn't? He said they would've considered doing exactly that but it was short notice with them thinking Spoon would be ready and then he felt like he wasn't, so they went with the guys who had gotten reps at CB. In hindsight, it didn't work out. It was a highly questionable decision that I still don't get, but a bad coaching decision does NOT equate to Moore lacking the ability.

Did you read Shanahan's explanation of why they didn't? He said they would've considered doing exactly that but it was short notice with them thinking Spoon would be ready and then he felt like he wasn't, so they went with the guys who had gotten reps at CB. In hindsight, it didn't work out. It was a highly questionable decision that I still don't get, but a bad coaching decision does NOT equate to Moore lacking the ability.

Yeah I don't buy what Shanny is saying there. If that's the case then we are fkd as an organization because these guys can't get depth at the right positions in time to game plan properly.
That then is more alarming.

How long has Moore had to supplant Ward or let alone anyone to be a starter....
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I remember what it's like to play the Rams without Bosa, Ford, and Sherman and it's not pretty.

49ers will win. They'll make it happen.

Yeah I don't buy what Shanny is saying there. If that's the case then we are fkd as an organization because these guys can't get depth at the right positions in time to game plan properly.
That then is more alarming.

How long has Moore had to supplant Ward or let alone anyone to be a starter....

Wailer, they tried as best they could to maintain the status quo from the Super Bowl roster. It's pretty clear that's what they hoped would help us the most. So they brought back Ward thinking that would be a good idea -- but as AB noted.. it was a VERY team friendly deal where we can get out of it in 2021. They knew he might suddenly suck a** all of a sudden and wanted to be prepared for that.

That, to me, speaks volumes. They can sometimes be slow to pull the plug on guys they think highly of, and Ward is the latest example. He's going to have to continue to be bad this year before they do much.

Again, none of this means Moore isn't good. We've seen him make plays in his limited opportunities. There is reason to believe he could do even better with more reps.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
49ers will win. They'll make it happen.

Absolutely NO EXCUSE for the offense this week. They're finally healthy and practiced together for the first time this week. They need to come out swinging and slinging right out of the gate. This should be a fun shootout to watch with the Niners coming out on top.
Originally posted by NC49er:
They went out the window awhile back when we'd drop 2-3 guys a week, and Bosa was a huge hit. Sure anything is possible but even if we get all the starters back in 2 weeks, do you really think there won't be more injuries the rest of the year? No chance in haitese Ford plays out the remaining games uninjured once he even comes back.

Only way we get to the top of the division and beyond is for the offense to start putting up a minimum 30+ each week, and outside forces, injury bug/Corona to level the playing field with Sea,Rams,GB's,KC,Bal etc.

Oddly enough in my weekly picks 78% are picking the 9ers to win, I'm sure they don't track the team or are mostly 49er fans and can't bring themselves to pick against them.

If Seattle or the Rams or the Cards have even HALF the injuries we have we can win the division. Then again, they never do. Seasons done and I'm an optimist usually

Last year Ward owned Cupps soul. They better do this again. Then again Saleh is horrible so I wouldn't count on it
Wailer, they tried as best they could to maintain the status quo from the Super Bowl roster. It's pretty clear that's what they hoped would help us the most. So they brought back Ward thinking that would be a good idea -- but as AB noted.. it was a VERY team friendly deal where we can get out of it in 2021. They knew he might suddenly suck a** all of a sudden and wanted to be prepared for that.

That, to me, speaks volumes. They can sometimes be slow to pull the plug on guys they think highly of, and Ward is the latest example. He's going to have to continue to be bad this year before they do much.

Again, none of this means Moore isn't good. We've seen him make plays in his limited opportunities. There is reason to believe he could do even better with more reps.

At least Moore can get an int. Something Ward can't do to save his life. But hey, at least Ward plays safe and is usually good for IR
Share 49ersWebzone