LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Who do we build around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who are the corner stones we build around on offense and defense?

Offense: We've got a good core of receivers. Mostert is solid but not the youngest RB. Jusz is still one of the best.

O-LINE...... there's no one there who's not replaceable.

Qb.... who knows..

Defense: Bosa, Armistead, Warner, Greenlawn. Solid!

DB's/safetys... All are replaceable.

We need work all over the roster. But do we have a core cable of being a contender year in and year out?
Need a new QB

Go get Rogers, he will be available.

He's got a few years left, find a young QB to learn from him while making a couple SB runs with a QB who can actually win the big game.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Need a new QB

Go get Rogers, he will be available.

He's got a few years left, find a young QB to learn from him while making a couple SB runs with a QB who can actually win the big game.

Agreed. Or maybe get Dak next year 😎
Build around Pettis.
Bosa seems to be the WHOLE team
We don't rebuild around anyone, we just rebuild into a solid team, Most if that means waiting for injuries to heal. Until next year, COVID restrictions in CA f$#ked us. Recall Newsom and hope for a good draft pick.
On Defense both Bosa and Warner have the ability to be the best in the league at their respective positions. And Both are very young. And Kinlaw will catch up in a couple of years. Those 3 are out building blocks on Defense.

On Offense It's obviously Kittle the best TE in the game. Then Deebo and Aiyuk. Wish one of those building blocks was our QB but it is what it is. Is there any other top rated QB's in the draft other than Lawrence? Someone we could get with the #5 overall pick for example.
Buckner. Oh, wait...
Until Kyle Shanahan gets a rookie QB and starts investing heavily in the offensive line again, there is basically no hope. It is the same old s**t every year. They will probably draft another defensive linemen in the 1st round next year because Dee Ford has been a trade bust. And you can't count on Bosa being back 100% and fully ready to carry the defense on his back.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
On Defense both Bosa and Warner have the ability to be the best in the league at their respective positions. And Both are very young. And Kinlaw will catch up in a couple of years. Those 3 are out building blocks on Defense.

On Offense It's obviously Kittle the best TE in the game. Then Deebo and Aiyuk. Wish one of those building blocks was our QB but it is what it is. Is there any other top rated QB's in the draft other than Lawrence? Someone we could get with the #5 overall pick for example.

Call me crazy... but I wouldn't be against drafting the best edge rusher next draft..

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Call me crazy... but I wouldn't be against drafting the best edge rusher next draft..
If an edge-rusher is BPA, by far, I would not mind either. But we really need help inside and at CB.
Whereas I am ok with drafting either of the positions on day two, if we got an opportunity to get one in round 1, go get him.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Bosa, Kittle, Deebo, Mostert, Warner, the rest of the DL (minus Solomon Thomas) and the rookies.

You can get rid of the rest of the team.
[ Edited by Koldo on Oct 11, 2020 at 6:12 PM ]
Bosa is by far the best player on the team, he won't be healthy next season tho, that type of injury takes 2 good years to come back from , it sucks it really does
The 49ers don't have any dependable pieces besides Kittle and Warner.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The 49ers don't have any dependable pieces besides Kittle and Warner.

Kinda sad when you think about it that way...
Share 49ersWebzone