LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Who should start at QB vs Dolphins?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who should start at QB vs Dolphins?

• titan
  • Veteran
Let's see what kind of QB Nick is...Some fold some bounce back even stronger.
CJ. His stronger arm opens things up if he's indeed processing things faster than he did in 2017/18. Granted it was against prevent defense on his two drives against Philly, but he gave them a chance for the hail mary, which aside from getting that was him doing all he was asked.

Ideally Jimmy is back, though.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 7, 2020 at 7:36 PM ]
f**k Mullens! He had his shot in a very winnable game and s**t the bed bad. CJ deserves a chance to show if he has improved from his last start.
Originally posted by thl408:
If Jimmy can't play, who should start at QB vs Dolphins in week 5?

Who would you start Thl? I'm more interested in your expert opinion.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
f**k Mullens! He had his shot in a very winnable game and s**t the bed bad. CJ deserves a chance to show if he has improved from his last start.

Yeah, give CJ the start - I've seen enough of Mullens.
Scott bakula
Originally posted by FL9er:
I'd rate Mullens and Beathard about the same. People are seriously overrating what CJ did against a defense that was protecting a 2 score lead.

We need #10 back. He is the best QB on this roster, and we need to find out if he's the guy moving forward.

Amen. The only reason I prefer Mullens over CJ is that Mullens actually processes things quickly. Every time I see CJ play I imagine this sound transpiring in his brain while he's slowly processing the field. Sometimes I wonder if he takes so much damage not because he's tough but because his brain is so slow to react to imminent danger. Ultimately, I don't want to see any more of either. Need Jimmy back asap.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 7, 2020 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Against prevent

Yea, this is indeed the concern. But the 49ers would have the element of surprise with Beathard, and Mullen is right there to step in if he sucks.

Then again it may be moot and Jimmy is back.
lets trade for Alex!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

Okay and then when CJ loses we switch back to Mullens. Good plan that always works.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Okay and then when CJ loses we switch back to Mullens. Good plan that always works.

CJ should hold on to it until Jimmy get's back.
TJ O'Sullernick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
CJ Mullhard
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 8, 2020 at 1:26 AM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
CJ looks super comfortable. would like to see him.

Against prevent

he still took what the defense gave him and was accurate. stronger arm too. but true.
Nick Mullens the GOAT
Share 49ersWebzone