There are 118 users in the forums

New Article I posted where I take a look at the 49ers 2021 cap situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
No Fans in the stands means Cap will probably not go up at all and may even decrease. Just look at the NBA for reference.
First off AB, fantastic work on this. You do all the grueling work that we would never do and allow us back seat drivers to grab the wheel and try to tell you where to go. Understanding the value of your efforts, I have some thoughts:

Tartt- maybe let him go. Could re-sign Cyprien for a lesser deal and have Harris, who is improving and younger with Cyprien man the SS position

K. Williams- Don't think we should spend 8M on a 30 year old slot CB who is finding injury more and more. A guy like Jamar can be signed for cheap plus
Mosley can move there if we draft or pick up another outside CB which brings us to.............

Sherman- With age comes more and more injuries. He would have to be cheap which I think he won't. Should Verrett stay healthy the rest of the year, I wouldn't
bother with Sherman and use his allotted money to pick someone younger and cheaper up. I am starting to believe we are able to coach up good CBs.

Richburg- If it saves us money, dump Richburg. Grassu has played above expectations and Garland is solid. I have a sneaking suspicion that Shepley becomes
starting C in 2021. If not, those three should be able to man the position well enough for 2021

Trent Williams- I only hope he signs for your projected contract
[ Edited by 60sFan on Oct 29, 2020 at 8:21 AM ]
Getting rid of players doesnt mean financial relief. Thats what most of you are missing. In fact, by cutting players, your absorbing the hit and still getting rid of the player.

if you had a car that you still owed $10,000, are you just going to leave it on the freeway ? lol youre still going to have to pay for it whether you keep it or abandon it so might as well keep it and use the f**k out of it.
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Oct 29, 2020 at 8:43 AM ]
WHAT ARE some of you guys smoking. dont resign tartt or DJ Jones??? wtf?? those dudes are the players helping this defense hang on for dear life in a year where wev lost almost every starter.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Getting rid of players doesnt mean financial relief. Thats what most of you are missing. In fact, by cutting players, your absorbing the hit and still getting rid of the player.

if you had a car that you still owed $10,000, are you just going to leave it on the freeway ? lol youre still going to have to pay for it whether you keep it or abandon it so might as well keep it and use the f**k out of it.

We have a lot of guys contracts expiring so no more money will be owed. Some of the guys who still have years remaining like Dee Ford or Kwon will require some dead money though like you mentioned.
Kwon could definitely be on the list of post June 1 cuts. We'd be carrying some dead money for a few years but would save a lot.

Ford is going to be a tough one to move if he can't stay healthy. Trade is probably the best option, but still not a great option.

I understand we restructured him to free up space for other guys but it's just an ugly ugly contract.

Our only real out would be if Ford did something similar to Jets restructure, but that seems unlikely.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Oct 29, 2020 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
^^ AB I know you're all about resigning every niner, but there is absolutely no reason to resign Coleman...none.

If Blair doesn't come back this yr, I see no point in resigning him. I also don't see how he would get more than Hyder? Solomon Thomas? Nope. Take all that extra $ and get a meaningful edge rusher.

While I love Bourne, I'd let him test the market out. I'd also let Tartt test out the market. Same with Sherm.

I'd also be very leery of restructuring any of the following Ford/Richburg/Kwon. They gotta stop pushing money down the road on guys that just can't stay healthy. Pull the band-Aid.

No more giving meaningful money to guys that can't stay healthy, no more pushing money down the road in hopes they can stay healthy...

I'm with you on most of these. Solomon Thomas- absolutely not. With Blair, his injury was pretty late in 2019 so even if he did come back, it would likely be in the last quarter of the season. I'd definitely let Tartt test the market. I like Bourne, but I think he is about at his max. May as well let him test the market. Ford will likely get a pass because we are so thin at edge. Same with Richburg.

Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
Originally posted by lamontb:
we can't keep everybody and shouldn't. Ward and Tartt don't make much of a difference to be resigned when we need to save money to pay better players. DJ Jones really hasn't shown much to be resigned in my opinion. Mckinnon and Coleman both need to be gone. We do need to resign Williams. I'd rather have him over Sherman at this point in there careers. Sherm leg issues aren't going to get better

I Agree with you. I think it is time to rebuild the Backfield. Let Ward and Tartt go, replace with Moore and Harris/draft pick/FA.
Sherman shouldn't be re signed unless it is very team friendly. I too would rather keep Williams and possibly Verrett(do not give him a big contract!). We have Eman and maybe a 1st round corner/Verrett starting.

Solomon Thomas has already stolen enough money from the team and needs to go to the XFL.
DJ Jones will command a decent pay day due to the nature of overpaying in FA and I don't think he should be re signed.

I would keep Hyder and try to find diamonds in the rough similar to Hyder who don't cost much but will produce.

Warner will and should be payed as top1 or top2 LB in the NFL.

Get rid of Kwon

Get rid of Dee Ford if injuries persist.

To be honest next year might be sort of a soft reboot and we might see a lot of new guys on the team.

We can't and shouldn't keep non producers and injuries Flies.

Mckinnon must go, I would get rid of Coleman and keep Mostert, Hasty, and Wilson Jr. Sign UDFAs for the Win.

Get rid of Bourne unless he signs for the vet Minimum

Get rid of Taylor, James and Pettis

We need fresh blood from the end of the draft rds 6-7th plus Hungry UDFAs for new receivers.

Too much money is tied up in Non producers and injuries Flies this year and it is f**king up the ability to trade for someone who could have helped us on the Edge this year on our quest to the Super Bowl, which we still have a excellent shot due to the weak NFC this year

Agreed. We have some pretty talented guys and I'd like to see a fresh infusion of talent onto the team. I'm talking 7-10 rookies making the team.
We cannot cut Ford! We f'd ourselves! Paraag must go!
Originally posted by davide49:
We cannot cut Ford! We f'd ourselves! Paraag must go!

I hope this is a joke.
Share 49erswebzone