LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor? (Animal House, people. Animal House.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • zero
  • Veteran
Weeks 6 through 12 are what bother me...I don't know, just feels like the season is lost at this point. Would love to be wrong of course but I feel really bad about our season.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by zero:
Weeks 6 through 12 are what bother me...I don't know, just feels like the season is lost at this point. Would love to be wrong of course but I feel really bad about our season.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
Missed these posts, Fro. You're the man!

Also, apparently some people have never seen Animal House lol...

Lol! I forgot all about that
Not saying we can't make it, but my expectations have been lowered quite a bit. 11 wins seemed likely, now it seems more like 9 or 10 depending on some close games.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 20, 2020 at 8:16 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not saying we can't make it, but my expectations have been lowered quite a bit. 11 wins seemed likely, now it seems more like 9 or 10 depending on some close games.

AGree. 8-8 is what I'm thinking of, I dunno if we can reach 10. Not with the two midgets running around back there. That's 4 games we most likely lose to our division rivals.
5-11
The offense will carry the teams this year. Jimmy misses 3 games, comes back for the LA game and we're back in business. 3-2 worst case scenario
Just like in Life it seems like the 49ers are making this path back to the SB Hard. But just like in Life i have always Chosen to take the Path of Most Resistance. So We Must and Will Proceed .
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
The news today has only reaffirmed how long and hard our climb will be. But we will climb.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Well said Fro, well said, I still have faith that this team can go the distance, even without Bosa.

They lost a super bowl with Bosa so why not try to win without Bosa

I would agree if we weren't in the best division in football. The other 3 teams are playing really good and we haven't yet played to their level. Without a pass rush, the worst position group on our team, the secondary, can get worn out.
TOGA, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

7 years of college down the drain
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
TOGA, TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

7 years of college down the drain

The defense is going to drop from elite to middle of the pack after all of the injuries on the defensive line. The team could still contend for the playoffs, though, if they can elevate from a good offense to an elite offense. We'll need some pieces to fall into place, but it's not out of the question. The addition of Jordan Reed is going to be a big plus, particularly when Kittle comes back and they can both be on the field at the same time. Jet McKinnon makes our running back group more potent than last year. If Deebo, and Aiyuk get going at some point and start producing at the WR position, complemented by Bourne, we might have a WR group that rivals last year. Lastly, as much as I love Joe Staley, it seems clear that Trent Williams is an upgrade protecting the QB and is just generally a team-lifting beast.

Hence, the way out of the current predicament is to flip the script from last year, where we had a smothering defense and ran the ball a lot to control games. This year we are going to need to open it up the offense and let it rip because the defense will be middle of the road. This is the prescription for making the playoffs. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
I hope you're right but we definitely need some other teams to suffer some bad injuries to level the playing field. Our back ups are better than some teams starters anyway but still this has got to be some kind a joke and some kind of record. Losing all those all Pro and Pro bowl players within two weeks of the season? That is unreal and unprecedented.

Luckily we're playing some easy teams, now that our offense is going to have to do much more work I'm glad we got Trent Williams he will help a lot.

At this rate I think we get a wildcard and probably advance to the second round but if we are healthy we could win it all but that's not gonna happen like it hasn't happened the last seven years.
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 22, 2020 at 4:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone