LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Should we sign an EDGE for the season to replace Bosa? If so.. who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we sign an EDGE for the season to replace Bosa? If so.. who?

So yeah...

Bosa.. and likely Solomon Thomas are both DONE for the year... I am not a doom sayer and think the season is done, but neither am I an idiot. We need defensive help and it ALL has to start with rushing the passer... Having just had a look, there is actually some decent talent knocking about on practice squads and on the street. What do you all thinke we should / will do?
Yes, they need bodies. But it doesn't matter who they sign. None of these dudes will have the same impact as Bosa. Season is donezo.
Go to LA late at night and steal Joey Bosa.
No to Suggs.. can't remember how Clay ended his career with the Rams.. or Cameron Wake with the Dolphins (and Bears? I forget).

I don't know what the hell happened to Ansah's career (looked Good on the Lions)... I don't remember him doing much with the Seahawks.
Anzah come on down
I'm thinking Matthews
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It will probably be Ansah but I would go with Suggs or Mathews over him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It will probably be Ansah but I would go with Suggs or Mathews over him.

Better grab both
Idk who they may sign, but this will be an odd week, they won't be in SF/Santa Clara, so I wonder how they will be able to sign someone, and have them play on Sunday, when that player(s) need to pass the COVID test, and also practice, only really Ansah could come in and play, not sure the other know Saleh's system.
I doubt anyone who comes in will play the Giants, but it's not just a one week problem.

We'll have to make do against the Giants

They're clearly interested in Ansah brought him back for a 2nd visit - $$ was the deal breaker. But now we need the bodies and if he still has it (still relatively young) may be worth a shot but how much money is he asking for?
Ansah is probably the best fit
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
I'm thinking Matthews

I can't remember which team but he told them he's not playing this year.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Clay had 8 sacks last year
Dallas Cowboys has a very promising pass rusher in their PS. I think his name is Carter. He won't ask for a lot of money, just opportunity.
Share 49ersWebzone