LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2020 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For those of us that only have 40 more years to live...what's the conclusion?
Conclusion, welcome back to 2014
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For those of us that only have 40 more years to live...what's the conclusion?
Conclusion, welcome back to 2014

Thanks to all the guys doing heavy lifting—-thl408
Originally posted by WolfTotem:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
That's quick developing play. There is no way for him to look to the other side of the field and then work his way over. He stares at Bourne holding he safety and the threw to Yuck. It's a pretty quick bang bang play. I don't know what people expect on that play lol
The ball should hit bourne right after the snap. bourne recognized the blitz and was looking at JG for the ball after the snap

I had criticized Bourne for running his route slow, but I think what you said is correct. Someone else also made this comment on an earlier page and I agree.

To back this up, I think there is a similar thing with Mullens in the 2nd half. Corner blitz, so Bourne runs his route at the same speed/body language as this one, and Mullens hits him as the hot read.

I think the difference in he play you mention there was rolling coverage and in this play the safety is squatting from the beginning.
Knowing Bourne's questionable hands, he would have let the ball bounce off his hands and into the safety.
thank you thl408
I'm guessing the coach film from the GB isnt available yet, but I want to see on the first big completion to Richie, it seems like Trent Taylor was WIDE open on the seam for a potential TD and Nick decided to go shorter to Richie.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I'm guessing the coach film from the GB isnt available yet, but I want to see on the first big completion to Richie, it seems like Trent Taylor was WIDE open on the seam for a potential TD and Nick decided to go shorter to Richie.

i dont even care anymore. mentally checked out of the entire season halfway through the greenbay game.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

i dont even care anymore. mentally checked out of the entire season halfway through the greenbay game.

Nick was like, Jimmy misses free tds all game no wonder he gets the start and gets paid lots of money... lemme try that too lol
  • thl408

If anyone has a play they are curious about I'll cut it up, otherwise I'm not watching that game again.

Dagger concept to the left with a Corner route on the right.
GB will rush 5 while playing a Cover2 behind it (4 underneath, 2 deep)
Against Cover2, Orange and Red look to horizontally stretch the boundary safety.

RJames wants an outside release in order to make the CB widen his zone drop, which will help the Dig get open. Here RJames is jab stepping inside then will stem the route outside. Mullens just completed playaction, looks up and sees a Cover2. This should immediately put the red Corner route in play (86, Cracroft). Corner routes work versus Cover2.

Dagger is a long developing concept. Mullens first read should be the red boundary safety with Taylor and Cracroft attacking that area.
The orange CBs would normally be outside the numbers in a typical Cover2 (5 under, 2 deep). But because there are only 4 underneath defenders in this Cover2, the two CBs are playing closer towards the middle of the field. This gives a better chance for Cracroft to be open on his Corner route.
If Mullens wants to target Taylor, now is the time with the red safety's hips turned the other direction. But this is a QB with subpar arm strength throwing to a WR with subpar deep speed. The correct throw is to Cracroft, now.

I don't think Taylor is open anymore in this picture below with the safety starting to close in. Mullens doesn't look to Cracroft and is waiting for RJames Dig to develop. Excellent pass protection allows for Mullens to pass on Cracroft/Taylor and wait for RJames' Dig.

+43

If anyone has a play they are curious about I'll cut it up, otherwise I'm not watching that game again.

Dagger concept to the left with a Corner route on the right.
GB will rush 5 while playing a Cover2 behind it (4 underneath, 2 deep)
Against Cover2, Orange and Red look to horizontally stretch the boundary safety.

RJames wants an outside release in order to make the CB widen his zone drop, which will help the Dig get open. Here RJames is jab stepping inside then will stem the route outside. Mullens just completed playaction, looks up and sees a Cover2. This should immediately put the red Corner route in play (86, Cracroft). Corner routes work versus Cover2.

Dagger is a long developing concept. Mullens first read should be the red boundary safety with Taylor and Cracroft attacking that area.
The orange CBs would normally be outside the numbers in a typical Cover2 (5 under, 2 deep). But because there are only 4 underneath defenders in this Cover2, the two CBs are playing closer towards the middle of the field. This gives a better chance for Cracroft to be open on his Corner route.
If Mullens wants to target Taylor, now is the time with the red safety's hips turned the other direction. But this is a QB with subpar arm strength throwing to a WR with subpar deep speed. The correct throw is to Cracroft, now.

I don't think Taylor is open anymore in this picture below with the safety starting to close in. Mullens doesn't look to Cracroft and is waiting for RJames Dig to develop. Excellent pass protection allows for Mullens to pass on Cracroft/Taylor and wait for RJames' Dig.

+43

Thank you, much appreciated !

Interesting.

• thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting.

We've talked about quality of sacks here before. The author took it a step further and took into consideration quality of competition - did the DLman beat a high quality OLman or an average quality OLman. This is why when Ziggy had double digit sacks and when Vic Beasley had double digit sacks, many were unimpressed. Very nice article and breakdown. Thanks for linking.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting.

We've talked about quality of sacks here before. The author took it a step further and took into consideration quality of competition - did the DLman beat a high quality OLman or an average quality OLman. This is why when Ziggy had double digit sacks and when Vic Beasley had double digit sacks, many were unimpressed. Very nice article and breakdown. Thanks for linking.

I look forward to him charting 2019 in the Spring so we can quantify just how much of a loss - statistically - Bosa and Ford were this year.
Hey you football analyst guys. What percent of Kyle's playbook have you logged in your own databank? I mean, do you record down his plays somewhere organized by formation? That would be badass if you guys ever decide to get into coaching. Of course, the playbook would be dumbed down for lower level coaching.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hey you football analyst guys. What percent of Kyle's playbook have you logged in your own databank? I mean, do you record down his plays somewhere organized by formation? That would be badass if you guys ever decide to get into coaching. Of course, the playbook would be dumbed down for lower level coaching.

For me, 0%.
Share 49ersWebzone