There are 183 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2020 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Fred's a stud - it's going to take a lot to keep him.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Check out D.J. Jones blowing up the center
Damn That Get Off!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Fred highlights vs NYG

Thanks, thl.
Thanks again, JD, for your good work.

Get something to bite down on, it's not pretty but does show we can get better and be better.
  • thl408
Good stuff as always, jd. A few things:
- Glad you cut up the screwed up RPO. I can't tell what the presnap read is, or if Mullens has to make the decision post snap, but PHI does a good job taking away the double slants by dropping a DE into the passing lane. There were several plays where PHI was not fooled and took away the first read. The crazy cross field pass to Kittle was an example. PHI covered it but Mullens still threw it, and completed it. I thought PHI was well prepared for the tricky plays, after they failed to cover the first one (missed throw to Juice).

- On the pick 6, you mentioned how Mullens threw it late, and I agree the timing of the throw did not match up with the timing of the break of the route (Bourne). But to me Mullens threw it on rhythm, 5 step + hitch. Compare it the route on the other side of the field (Aiyuk). Aiyuk breaks his route later, in comparison to Bourne, and in rhythm with Mullens' dropback. Thoughts? You mentioned how the throw may have been picked off by the CB anyway, but I wonder if that's because Bourne broke his route off too soon.

- Trent Williams was not himself at all. I know Derek Barnett is a good one, but so is Williams and Williams got his butt handed to him on several downs.

- I didn't notice that coverage bust where the RB was left uncovered. argh! Led directly to points just like Mullens' mistakes. So many bad mistakes leading to PHI points. On a night the offense struggled to get things going, that's the difference right there.
Thank you. This helps. I'm assuming you confirmed mcglinchy played like garbage and his mention wasn't worth your time.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Thank you. This helps. I'm assuming you confirmed mcglinchy played like garbage and his mention wasn't worth your time.

Yeah, that and his poor play didn't lead to as many negatives. I was looking at plays that were drive killers or directly led to points for PHI. Like, the T. Williams play, after the holding we're 1st and 20 and never convert so it killed the drive.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Yeah, that and his poor play didn't lead to as many negatives. I was looking at plays that were drive killers or directly led to points for PHI. Like, the T. Williams play, after the holding we're 1st and 20 and never convert so it killed the drive.

I was a bit surprised with how poorly Dion Jordan played in your analysis. Would not have even noticed if I didn't watch your video.
  • thl408
Kinlaw has been getting close to sacks and here has a hand in forcing a turnover. PHI are going to flood one side of the field to get a triangle stretch. Yellow
vs Cover3
Purple removes the safety and boundary CB, for red/yellow/orange to get a 3v2.

After playaction, Wentz looks to red. Kwon with coverage.

Wentz looks to yellow. Warner is about 2 yards deeper in his drop than Shaair (51). Warner not as fooled by playaction as Shaair. This allows Warner to be in the passing lane of yellow's crosser - Warner can't throw this now. AA will flash into Wentz's view and cause him to scramble.

After a spinning scramble, Wentz looks up and yellow is now wide open. Warner vertically stretched, matches the RB coming out of the backfield. Wentz winding up to throw. Kinlaw and AA get a free run.

Warner's coverage and Kinlaw's hustle gets Shaair a diving INT.

Kinlaw working hard and says it's instincts that tells him to get his arms up. +1 Pass Defended in the boxscore.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, jonny.
Kinlaw jumped twice in one play to swat the ball . He is in my opinion the only defensive lineman that has got his hands on the ball so many times in so few games that I can ever remember. His timing is impeccable for batting down passes. What a stud! He reminds me of Garrett on the Falcons
I would love to see what happened against the dolphins. Was it Jimmy? Was it the offensive line? Was it the receivers? Was it Kyle's non-charismatic style offense? Was it Poor exeution all around? Was Rabbi Fitzpatrick just playing out of his mind?

Eager minds need to know.....
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 15, 2020 at 4:18 PM ]
I would love to see what happened against the dolphins. Was it Jimmy? Was it the offensive line? Was it the receivers? Was it Kyle's non-charismatic style offense? Was it Poor exeution all around? Was Rabbi Fitzpatrick just playing out of his mind?

Da fook is a charismatic offense? Lol
Originally posted by Thanos89:

Da fook is a charismatic offense? Lol
You asked about non charismatic, but you didn't question rabbi Fitzpatrick.

Kyle's offense is bland and negative this year. Its like sex with your wife of 15 years.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 15, 2020 at 6:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone