LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Niners sign WR Mohamed Sanu (again)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
just means Debo and Aiyuk are hurt worse than they are saying

Aiyuk is playing relax

Lol, I have a feeling a hamstring is very important to Aiyuks game. Ever strain or pull a hammy? They don't necessarily just go away lol
A total playing-it-safe move. Good depth piece but Niners need a stud WR.

I really hope this isn't a sign that they're not going after someone like OBJ.
100% sure Deebo is out for the season
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But what about their precious salary cap?

Yah because Sanu commands such a cap breaking contract
At least he knows the offense I suppose.
Bye Pettis
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:

Bet, PM and let's exchange cash apps
Not sure how adding Sanu is suddenly going to make Jimmy play better. Guys were open on Sunday and Jimmy just didn't throw them a catchable pass. If we had traded for Hopkins in the offseason we wouldn't have played any better on offense on Sunday (though we probably would have won since he wouldn't have been torching our defense).

Will you slap yourself and record it for us when you're wrong?
Originally posted by Stanley:

Aiyuk is playing relax

Lol, I have a feeling a hamstring is very important to Aiyuks game. Ever strain or pull a hammy? They don't necessarily just go away lol
He practiced twice last week and Kyle said he would be shocked if he doesn't go Sunday. I can understand holding him out last Sunday even if I was upset since he was just returning and only practiced twice.

Potentially better slot than Taylor. Definitely more size, experience, and catch radius. Would be good in rotation at least.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 15, 2020 at 4:03 PM ]

Aiyuk is playing relax

yeah, people were saying that for a year about Hurd too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

No doubt
Originally posted by BumCity:
Not sure how adding Sanu is suddenly going to make Jimmy play better. Guys were open on Sunday and Jimmy just didn't throw them a catchable pass. If we had traded for Hopkins in the offseason we wouldn't have played any better on offense on Sunday (though we probably would have won since he wouldn't have been torching our defense).

There's probably some intangibles of having a veteran wr in the room that's hard to account for. All the receivers got noticeably better after sanders showed up last year 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm willing to wait and see if Sanu plays this week - and if so, I'm also willing to wait and see how he performs for this team in this scheme before immediately writing off this signing. Having Aiyuk back would help as you have talent on the outside who can make plays and keep a defense honest.
Share 49ersWebzone