Niners sign WR Mohamed Sanu (again)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice to see him helping coach up young guys
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by fan49:
Did his job? Seriously. I agree that Taylor looks slow. But Pettis blew two touchdowns. A past to him which was very catchable which he didn't even put his arms up to try. Number two was when McKinnon caught the ball on like the 5-yard line and there were only two DBs in his way. And Pettis was right in the middle of both of them. Did he touch one of them? No. Did he even try No he looked lost. Do you think the only job A receiver has is getting open? No it's earning the trustee your quarterback. By catching balls when they're thrown to you. All last season tipped interceptions not trying to catch it afraid of contact. He doesn't have the trust of Jimmy garoppolo. And last week showed another reason why he doesn't have the trust. Because he won't try to catch the ball, he is afraid of contact, and he won't even attempt to block

The "block" on the 16 yard Jet run pissed me off. That was my first post here after the game Sunday. That said, the long pass to Pettis missed him by a mile. Mr. Tickle would have struggled to catch that pass. Whether Pettis ran the route short is up for discussion, though.

It's really not. The film shows it, Shanahan said it. Jimmy threw it to the correct spot. Just watch Jonnydel's film breakdown.

Yup.

Kyle's own words here:

I guess Kyle said it was a perfect throw but Pettis got rerouted a bit by Budda (JD covered this) but would have loved to still see Pettis dive for it there.

@4:00 mark

Kyle Shanahan Announces George Kittle is Out for Week 2 Provides Other Injury Updates

https://www.49ers.com/video/kyle-shanahan-george-kittle-out-week-2-jets-mohamed-sanu-reed

That's a wrap.

That pass to Pettis in week 1 was a overthrow I don't care what anyone says, Jimmy overthrew Pettis there. Jimmy has this tendency to stare 1 guy down, and not look around, the WRs were open in week 1 but he missed them.

You don't care what Shanahan says? Okay.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by fan49:
Did his job? Seriously. I agree that Taylor looks slow. But Pettis blew two touchdowns. A past to him which was very catchable which he didn't even put his arms up to try. Number two was when McKinnon caught the ball on like the 5-yard line and there were only two DBs in his way. And Pettis was right in the middle of both of them. Did he touch one of them? No. Did he even try No he looked lost. Do you think the only job A receiver has is getting open? No it's earning the trustee your quarterback. By catching balls when they're thrown to you. All last season tipped interceptions not trying to catch it afraid of contact. He doesn't have the trust of Jimmy garoppolo. And last week showed another reason why he doesn't have the trust. Because he won't try to catch the ball, he is afraid of contact, and he won't even attempt to block

The "block" on the 16 yard Jet run pissed me off. That was my first post here after the game Sunday. That said, the long pass to Pettis missed him by a mile. Mr. Tickle would have struggled to catch that pass. Whether Pettis ran the route short is up for discussion, though.

It's really not. The film shows it, Shanahan said it. Jimmy threw it to the correct spot. Just watch Jonnydel's film breakdown.

Yup.

Kyle's own words here:

I guess Kyle said it was a perfect throw but Pettis got rerouted a bit by Budda (JD covered this) but would have loved to still see Pettis dive for it there.

@4:00 mark

Kyle Shanahan Announces George Kittle is Out for Week 2 Provides Other Injury Updates

https://www.49ers.com/video/kyle-shanahan-george-kittle-out-week-2-jets-mohamed-sanu-reed

That's a wrap.

That pass to Pettis in week 1 was a overthrow I don't care what anyone says, Jimmy overthrew Pettis there. Jimmy has this tendency to stare 1 guy down, and not look around, the WRs were open in week 1 but he missed them.

You don't care what Shanahan says? Okay.

It's kind of hard to take anything a HC says seriously in this day and age when he said Kittle and Juice's injuries last year weren't serious. I rather have my own opinion than listen to others, including Shanahan.
wonder if we'll see him vs the giants
Originally posted by 1251alex:
wonder if we'll see him vs the giants

Well he really didn't get any practice last week and still had 14 snaps. The Friday walk-through isn't a true practice. I could see him getting a ton more snaps this week. I would literally give every one of Trent Taylor's snaps to him honestly. Would love to see Sanu light it up. Heck, I'd love to see any of our WRs light up.

X: Aiyuk
Y: Sanu
Z: Bourne

Taylor and Pettis can rotate in sparingly if need be, but let's be honest... their snaps should be limited because they clearly are not at the level of any of the three players listed above.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 24, 2020 at 1:48 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
knowing SHAN CHOKER, he'll make the Sanu signing looks good... why he wont do this to his other players, it's because he's a good OC but a terrible HC.
Originally posted by 9moon:
knowing SHAN CHOKER, he'll make the Sanu signing looks good... why he wont do this to his other players, it's because he's a good OC but a terrible HC.

Umm, how is he a terrible HC? Took a team that had little to no talent to the SB in 3 years, yeah we blew the game, but it's on everyone, the defense let down we had a lead and blew it.

Umm, how is he a terrible HC? Took a team that had little to no talent to the SB in 3 years, yeah we blew the game, but it's on everyone, the defense let down we had a lead and blew it.

The D cost us that game. Very vanilla and allowed KC to come back. Maybe he should have canned Saleh, but he's being loyal to him.

I'd say the QB was the biggest letdown. There's probably 10-14 QBs in the league that could have gone out and won that game in the second half.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hopefully, Sanu can mentor Aiyuk this year.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 25, 2020 at 8:31 PM ]

Originally posted by mitpdub:

The D cost us that game. Very vanilla and allowed KC to come back. Maybe he should have canned Saleh, but he's being loyal to him.

The D didn't cost us that game lol Jimmy missing on open throws is why we lost.
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
I'd say the QB was the biggest letdown. There's probably 10-14 QBs in the league that could have gone out and won that game in the second half.

Exactly.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Sep 25, 2020 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by mitpdub:

The D didn't cost us that game lol Jimmy missing on open throws is why we lost.

The defense gave up 21 points in 5 minutes. The offense had a 2 score lead with 7 minutes to go. The defense had ALL the investments on that side of the ball. Totally inexcusable. The offense was never expected to have a 2 score lead with only 7 minutes to go. That said, it really was a total fail by every single unit, player and coach ALL at once in the final 7 minutes.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Exactly.

The QB was the biggest letdown are you f**kin serious!!! So if the 9ers won 20-10, would you still say that??

I still the the refs were the biggest let down. Ask me 20 years from now and I'd still say the same.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Exactly.

The QB was the biggest letdown are you f**kin serious!!! So if the 9ers won 20-10, would you still say that??

I still the the refs were the biggest let down. Ask me 20 years from now and I'd still say the same.

This. Idk why people can't call a spade a spade. The Super Bowl objectively was the worst game for officiating I've ever seen. The Ravens super bowl was top 3 as well.
Share 49ersWebzone