lol okay

Hes not lying
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by 9moon:
WASTE OF TIME

lol okay

Hes not lying

Like a broken clock, I guess if you're just always negative about everything at some point you're gonna be right and be able to say I told you so (making generalizations here, not directed at you, FYI)

Can we give the guy a shot at least before ripping him? His best year was 2018, and he had a slightly down year last year. We'll see how it goes.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 18, 2020 at 6:05 PM ]
Thanks OTC.
C'mon guys, give the guy a chance. In case no one has noticed, we have gone from lots of WRs to choose from to barely able to put 3 on the field at the same time, plus, our O heart and soul, George, is out. At this point we'll gladly take anything that helps. Let's hope Sanu stops the bleeding at WR. Gonna be rusty first time out tho. Be patient, then decide.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thanks OTC.
C'mon guys, give the guy a chance. In case no one has noticed, we have gone from lots of WRs to choose from to barely able to put 3 on the field at the same time, plus, our O heart and soul, George, is out. At this point we'll gladly take anything that helps. Let's hope Sanu stops the bleeding at WR. Gonna be rusty first time out tho. Be patient, then decide.

Ok I decided.
f**k it. I'll join the positivity train with this guy. Something has to work out with somebody
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WASTE OF TIME

lol okay

Hes not lying

.. and why would not be a waste of time... ?? if they truly liked the guy, why wait til now??
I have mixed feelings about this.

I've liked Sanu for a long time. He was the WR I wanted the 9ers to take in the year he was drafted. I thought his combination of size, smarts and speed could be great in the NFL.

But his career in ATL was mixed. He ended up being a solid 2nd/3rd WR, but I just thought he had more potential than that.

Then he gets traded to the Pats and does nothing. Maybe he was hurt.. or maybe it's the tail end of a career that never really reached the heights it could have.

I'm definitely rooting for this to work. If it does work, it's basically found money. We gave up no picks to get him and paid little. So I support the signing.

I'm not expecting big things. But it sure would be fun to see him running the kind of dynamic plays in red and gold that I envisioned all those years ago.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WASTE OF TIME

lol okay

Hes not lying

Like a broken clock, I guess if you're just always negative about everything at some point you're gonna be right and be able to say I told you so (making generalizations here, not directed at you, FYI)

Can we give the guy a shot at least before ripping him? His best year was 2018, and he had a slightly down year last year. We'll see how it goes.

I'll stay negative to the moves that I doesn't make any sense to me..

If we really wanted Sanu, then why didn't we sign him earlier and let him compete.. suddenly, James is hurt (BS tv crap) so that we have reason to sign Sanu, and watch Sanu gets some playing time over the WRs who's been here all year long..

That's the part that I don't get.. IF you going to bring a veteran that will take the young guys spot, then bring him in and let him earn it.. don't start him because he used to play for you...

here's another ODD thing about this, why did they bring KEVIN WHITE instead of Sanu and keep him in the PQ??

Only stupid people call this a bad move
The odd thing about this is we are beggars, not choosers. If this were a wild speculative attempt at making our WR world's better, okay, i get it.

But we can hardly put 3 WRs on the field and of those, one has never taken a snap in the NFL, TT really had trouble getting open, and Pettis , well he had only a couple chances, and one was pretty tough to catch. So we didn't do this out of anything other than trying to get 3 healthy WRs on the field. Why do some guys get upset with that? Jeez, we are hurting....hurting badly ...at WR. And top it off with Kittle injured, altho i hope not for long.

Guys, we had no choice. And Sanu knows Kyle's system. It isn't more complicated than that. Now let's see if he can play thru the rust and help out.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 19, 2020 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The odd thing about this is we are beggars, not choosers. If this were a wild speculative attempt at making our WR world's better, okay, i get it.

But we can hardly put 3 WRs on the field and of those, one has never taken a snap in the NFL, TT really had trouble getting open, and Pettis , well he had only a couple chances, and one was pretty tough to catch. So we didn't do this out of anything other than trying to get 3 healthy WRs on the field. Why do some guys get upset with that? Jeez, we are hurting....hurting badly ...at WR. And top it off with Kittle injured, altho i hope not for long.

Guys, we had no choice. And Sanu knows Kyle's system. It isn't more complicated than that. Now let's see if he can play thru the rust and help out.

Kittle and Deebo out, with Aiyuk an unproven and injured rookie WR. Yet another sign Dante Pettis' days are numbered.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Kittle and Deebo out, with Aiyuk an unproven and injured rookie WR. Yet another sign Dante Pettis' days are numbered.

Pettis did his job last game and after reviewing the film, hopefully Shanahan harped on Jimmy about this and pointed it out to him. The Sanu signing tells me Taylors days is numbered more so than Pettis as the Slot is his position. Taylor looked even slower than before, which is not good for a short WR who already was slow
Pettis was hardly perfect last week. Even Shanahan said his route on the deep pass was off. Jimmy threw it to the right spot for a correctly run route. (Jimmy has plenty of miscues on Sunday, but that actually wasn't one of them).
Share 49ersWebzone