There are 88 users in the forums

Niners sign Mohamed Sanu

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by communist:
Sanu is good for an average of 50-60 catches, 500-800 yards, and a few TDs a year. It's not like he's 35... He's 31 and was worth a shot to see if he can help us for dirt cheap.
This.
Very experienced, knows the system. Was regarded as a pretty solid receiver a couple of years ago (in opposite to the ones who are non-injured right now). Cheap. Got no issues with dirty work.
--> why not?

Way better option in the red zone than Trent Taylor in my opinion too..
I don't like TT at all. Overhyped.
Probably the best available at the price we can afford.
Let's be honest. If that was Sanu on that pass to the EZ and not another sub 6'0 Trent Taylor, that's a TD. If that was Sanu on the 4th down, probably a first down too. Trent Taylor is still wildly important but this is exactly why Kyle tried so hard to build a Big Slot. He's also tried extremely hard to find a deep speed X that could at least threaten the DB's. We still don't have that but that would have been very helpful for his underneath game last Sunday. Cards squatted all day.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Let's be honest. If that was Sanu on that pass to the EZ and not another sub 6'0 Trent Taylor, that's a TD. If that was Sanu on the 4th down, probably a first down too. Trent Taylor is still wildly important but this is exactly why Kyle tried so hard to build a Big Slot. He's also tried extremely hard to find a deep speed X that could at least threaten the DB's. We still don't have that but that would have been very helpful for his underneath game last Sunday. Cards squatted all day.

All of this. Now that you mention it, the most successful Jimmy/Taylor game was against Chicago 2017 season. We had a healthy and more effective Goodwin in that game meant Bears couldn't just squat on routes. It would seem for all WR routes to be effective, someone needs to stretch the field, out muscle defenders, or run routes so crisply with a QB with near perfect timing/accuracy. Neither of that happened at all once Kittle was injured for a receiver standpoint and we've already reviewed Jimmy's performance.

EXACTLY. There are multiple plays that I see Sanu making in that game that would've been the difference. End zone to TT, end zone to Bourne, 4th down to TT.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I have no problem with it. Last year you had people upset that the 49ers didn't give up a 2nd for him. In his first game as a Patriot he had ten catches and then got hurt. If he can stay healthy, it's a good move.

Yup agreed.
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Sanu can't beat anyone anymore. The Pats cut him because he was the slowest player on the field and lacked any ability to separate.

Can you show me clips of him not being able to beat anyone or not separating last yr?

Last year doesnt really matter as much because he just had surgery this offseason.

This guy discusses his observations in training camp. FF to 1 minute in

and everyone in here thought Kin was a bust because of training camp chatter. again show me clips from actual game play (like you stated).

This Evan dude also talked about how N'Keal Harry was gonna have a breakout yr, dude looked like junk week 1
Originally posted by NinerGM:
All of this. Now that you mention it, the most successful Jimmy/Taylor game was against Chicago 2017 season. We had a healthy and more effective Goodwin in that game meant Bears couldn't just squat on routes. It would seem for all WR routes to be effective, someone needs to stretch the field, out muscle defenders, or run routes so crisply with a QB with near perfect timing/accuracy. Neither of that happened at all once Kittle was injured for a receiver standpoint and we've already reviewed Jimmy's performance.

EXACTLY. There are multiple plays that I see Sanu making in that game that would've been the difference. End zone to TT, end zone to Bourne, 4th down to TT.

Now Kyle just needs to make sure he's accurate on when he deploys both. But this could help a lot.

KS was looking for a big slot WR since he got here(drafting of J.Hurd and J. Jennings). He finally got one in Sanu, let's see if he opens up another element of his playbook.
I think Sanu will help at least marginally. The dude had a career year in 2018. He battled an injury last year and didn't finish the season, but still put up 530 receiving yards.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by Jiks:
I'll give it a week until he's on crutches.

Maybe he'll be faster that way

OT, what are those things in the seats at the beginning?
Originally posted by Rathof44:

OT, what are those things in the seats at the beginning?

Electronic Technology, lol
Share 49erswebzone