LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Still confused. So does a team HAVE to bring up 2 from the PS each week and if so, 1 has to be an OL even if you have 8 active already?

You don't have to bring up anyone if you don't want too. You need 8 active OL each week if you want 48 active, if only 7 OL are active you can only have 47 active that week.

Ohhhh. I didn't know any of that. Thanks for that. If you have 8 OL, can 2 be non-OL?

Yes 2 non-OL if you have 8 on the normal 53.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wish they would trade Beathard, I think they could use another LB, OL or CB on the roster. If you're down to your 3rd QB, your season is pretty much down the tubes anyway.

If it's just for a game or two, I'd rather have Beathard than some of the other guys out there. He can make all the throws and is a threat to run. Other guys? Not so much. We haven't seen if he's developed any more either (bummer with no pre-season -- maybe he would've been better?)
Still confused. So does a team HAVE to bring up 2 from the PS each week and if so, 1 has to be an OL even if you have 8 active already?

You don't have to bring up anyone if you don't want too. You need 8 active OL each week if you want 48 active, if only 7 OL are active you can only have 47 active that week.

Ohhhh. I didn't know any of that. Thanks for that. If you have 8 OL, can 2 be non-OL?

Yes 2 non-OL if you have 8 on the normal 53.

You're a gem. TY!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wish they would trade Beathard, I think they could use another LB, OL or CB on the roster. If you're down to your 3rd QB, your season is pretty much down the tubes anyway.

If it's just for a game or two, I'd rather have Beathard than some of the other guys out there. He can make all the throws and is a threat to run. Other guys? Not so much. We haven't seen if he's developed any more either (bummer with no pre-season -- maybe he would've been better?)

At some point, a Kyle system Kyle developed QB is going to be worth something to another organization. Right?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

At some point, a Kyle system Kyle developed QB is going to be worth something to another organization. Right?

Yep, at one point, half the NFL was running Walsh's WCO. At that point, ShanaLynch will have a lot of trading partners for their cast offs. Remember Steve Bono and Elvis Gerback to KC. (or something like that)
Well, now you know who would be the first ones up if we needed to fill a spot at IOL, DE, WR, CB.
Well, now you know who would be the first ones up if we needed to fill a spot at IOL, DE, WR, CB.

Just like we called. Our 3-4 biggest weaknesses too.

So if 8 OL are active on Sunday can they also have Jordan and White active without waiving anyone else?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

So if 8 OL are active on Sunday can they also have Jordan and White active without waiving anyone else?

That's my understanding. But you have to be selective as you only get 3 times to elevate and they have to clear waivers each week after elevating. Kind of tricky.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2020 at 3:59 PM ]
Very excited that we value Kevin White enough to wanna protect him after only being with the team a few weeks. We may have found a real Gem!

Originally posted by ninersnw:
Very excited that we value Kevin White enough to wanna protect him after only being with the team a few weeks. We may have found a real Gem!

MM and others said he looked fantastic. I actually had him sneaking in on the 53 but given they got him so late, this PS move was a great one. I'm a bit biased here as I had the FO targeting him for this very reason (reclamation project).
Originally posted by ninersnw:

MM and others said he looked fantastic. I actually had him sneaking in on the 53 but given they got him so late, this PS move was a great one. I'm a bit biased here as I had the FO targeting him for this very reason (reclamation project).

He honestly has potential to be a #1 Receiver with us over time. Hopefully we can continue developing him and get him in sink with our offense.

That's my understanding. But you have to be selective as you only get 3 times to elevate and they have to clear waivers each week after elevating. Kind of tricky.

It's 2 times a season, if they want them a 3rd time, they have to sign them to the 53, so they have to be strategic, but they don't have to bring up any PS players if they don't want too.

As to btthepunk, if all 8 OL on the 53 are active, they won't need to have 1 of the 3 PS OL active, if they wanted too, they could go with 7 OL, but they'd only have 47 players active Sunday, if they want the full 48, they have to have 8 OL active Sunday. Also I don't think it's 100% that 1-2 of those 4 protected players will be active Sunday. They may, or may not. I'm actually kinda surprised they protected those 4. I figured they'd protect non Vets, as I doubt they'd sign, or I didn't think they would sign elsewhere, they seemed to have an understanding that they were wanted by the 49ers. I was expecting Hasty, Jennings, and someone like Harris and Daniels to be protected.
They protected those 4 incase some our injured players can't go this week and if they needed to activate one or two for this week's game. These are the guys that are ready to rock and roll if anything.

(C)H.Grasu (Garland's health)
(WR)K.White (Deebo & Aiyuk's health)
(CB)D.Johnson (Verrett's health)
(DE)D.Jordan (shortage on DEs)

It's 2 times a season, if they want them a 3rd time, they have to sign them to the 53, so they have to be strategic, but they don't have to bring up any PS players if they don't want too.

As to btthepunk, if all 8 OL on the 53 are active, they won't need to have 1 of the 3 PS OL active, if they wanted too, they could go with 7 OL, but they'd only have 47 players active Sunday, if they want the full 48, they have to have 8 OL active Sunday. Also I don't think it's 100% that 1-2 of those 4 protected players will be active Sunday. They may, or may not. I'm actually kinda surprised they protected those 4. I figured they'd protect non Vets, as I doubt they'd sign, or I didn't think they would sign elsewhere, they seemed to have an understanding that they were wanted by the 49ers. I was expecting Hasty, Jennings, and someone like Harris and Daniels to be protected.

Ah, I knew the '3' but thanks for the clarification.

The 4 protected make the most sense to me for sure. Our lowest numbers and biggest team needs and concerns lie around IOL (Garland?), WR (Deebo & Aiyuk?), ER (Hyder only) & CB (Verrett?).
Share 49ersWebzone