LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wish they would trade Beathard, I think they could use another LB, OL or CB on the roster. If you're down to your 3rd QB, your season is pretty much down the tubes anyway.

Exactly this
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I wish they would trade Beathard, I think they could use another LB, OL or CB on the roster. If you're down to your 3rd QB, your season is pretty much down the tubes anyway.

Exactly this

+1
I'm surprised Jordan and Grasu got stashed. Didn't sound like either impressed in camp and Seattle passed on Jordan to pick up Damontre. Seattle is hurting at center, too, and even brought Justin Britt back in again for a look see.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Exactly this

+1

I would love to see them send Beathard to the practice squad but I don't think he will clear waivers. So might as well get something in return for Beathard. And even if Beathard doesn't clear waivers there's a bunch of project QB's you could put on the practice squad.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
So the 16-man practice squad is this, not bad.

RB 38 JaMycal Hasty
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
WR 14 River Cracraft
WR 2 Kevin White
TE 83 Chase Harrell
C 50 Hroniss Grasu
RG 61 Dakoda Shepley
LT 77 William Sweet
DE 96 Dion Jordan
NT 65 Darrion Daniels
LB 59 Joe Walker
CB 35 Tim Harris Jr.
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
S 43 Jared Mayden
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien

So who's the 2 active week 1, who's the 4 protected week 1?

2 active:
Tim Harris Jr.
Kevin White

4 Protected:
Jauan Jennings
JaMycal Hasty
Chase Harrell
Jared Mayden
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
2 active:
Tim Harris Jr.
Kevin White

4 Protected:
Jauan Jennings
JaMycal Hasty
Chase Harrell
Jared Mayden

Considering center woes, it would make all sense in the world to have Grasu as one of the players promoted for the first game.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
2 active:
Tim Harris Jr.
Kevin White

4 Protected:
Jauan Jennings
JaMycal Hasty
Chase Harrell
Jared Mayden

Considering center woes, it would make all sense in the world to have Grasu as one of the players promoted for the first game.

No, it won't. It make sense to protect guys that are more likely to play.

I agree with u on this. I think the idea is to have back up in case Jimmy or Mullens get COVID and are out for 3 weeks. Id much rather have Beathard than some dude who doesnt know the offense for a few games.
No, it won't. It make sense to protect guys that are more likely to play.

I didn't say anything about protecting Grasu. I said making him active.

Also, if Garland can't go, then you will have one guy on the 53 who can play center in Brunskill, so you pretty much have to elevate Grasu. We can't be there having no one to play center in case Brunskill goes down.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I agree with u on this. I think the idea is to have back up in case Jimmy or Mullens get COVID and are out for 3 weeks. Id much rather have Beathard than some dude who doesnt know the offense for a few games.

You also bring up a good point that I haven't thought about!!! You're right especially with QB being the most important position in football!!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
WE should not have ROSEN gone to Tampa Bay... He's going to be a good one there after that dude Tom !!!
Still confused. So does a team HAVE to bring up 2 from the PS each week and if so, 1 has to be an OL even if you have 8 active already?
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2020 at 5:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Still confused. So does a team HAVE to bring up 2 from the PS each week and if so, 1 has to be an OL even if you have 8 active already?

You don't have to bring up anyone if you don't want too. You need 8 active OL each week if you want 48 active, if only 7 OL are active you can only have 47 active that week.

it's not like they haven't tried.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:

You don't have to bring up anyone if you don't want too. You need 8 active OL each week if you want 48 active, if only 7 OL are active you can only have 47 active that week.

Ohhhh. I didn't know any of that. Thanks for that. If you have 8 OL, can 2 be non-OL?
Share 49ersWebzone