LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
haha, this PS is so loaded

can't believe some of these guys didn't get picked up by other teams
So the 16-man practice squad is this, not bad.

RB 38 JaMycal Hasty
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
WR 14 River Cracraft
WR 2 Kevin White
TE 83 Chase Harrell
C 50 Hroniss Grasu
RG 61 Dakoda Shepley
LT 77 William Sweet
DE 96 Dion Jordan
NT 65 Darrion Daniels
LB 59 Joe Walker
CB 35 Tim Harris Jr.
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
S 43 Jared Mayden
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien

So who's the 2 active week 1, who's the 4 protected week 1?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

Yeah. Kind of questions whether or not *loaded* is the right word if nobody was poached.

Having said that, I do agree that this practice squad will help us this season, for sure if we need extra bodies to plug into gaps this year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hokit - Juice' injury sounded that it would not be healed by Week 1
Then one of Grasu (OC depth), DJohnson (Verrett?), KWhite (Deebo, RJames).

RB 38 JaMycal Hasty
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
WR 14 River Cracraft
WR 2 Kevin White
TE 83 Chase Harrell
C 50 Hroniss Grasu
RG 61 Dakoda Shepley
LT 77 William Sweet
DE 96 Dion Jordan
NT 65 Darrion Daniels
LB 59 Joe Walker
CB 35 Tim Harris Jr.
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
S 43 Jared Mayden
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien

Maybe an OL and S or CB since we're playing AZ?
Originally posted by NCommand:

RB 38 JaMycal Hasty
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
WR 14 River Cracraft
WR 2 Kevin White
TE 83 Chase Harrell
C 50 Hroniss Grasu
RG 61 Dakoda Shepley
LT 77 William Sweet
DE 96 Dion Jordan
NT 65 Darrion Daniels
LB 59 Joe Walker
CB 35 Tim Harris Jr.
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
S 43 Jared Mayden
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien

They have to be strategic when it comes to who they have active each week, as they can only have them active 2 times a season, so in a sense each guy can play 2 games this season. If they want to be on the roster for a 3rd game they have to be elevated to the 53 man roster.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yeah. Kind of questions whether or not *loaded* is the right word if nobody was poached.

Having said that, I do agree that this practice squad will help us this season, for sure if we need extra bodies to plug into gaps this year.

To be fair, it's only been 1 day, so give it time before some get poached. Remember you can protect 4 by Tuesday of each week, so by tomorrow 4PM EST we should know the 4 protected guys for week 1, but on each Monday they become unprotected, so they can sign elsewhere.
They have to be strategic when it comes to who they have active each week, as they can only have them active 2 times a season, so in a sense each guy can play 2 games this season. If they want to be on the roster for a 3rd game they have to be elevated to the 53 man roster.

Very true. They absolutely need to be strategic. In fact, at some point, I do anticipate a few of these guys called up permanently esp. Jonathan Cyprien, Kevin White, Dakoda Shepley & Joe Walker.

I think Kyle convinced them he's got a plan for them and just needs more integration time for our systems.
Grasu might be up this week and even start at center. Cyprien might be up to play three safety package against Zona
Originally posted by jobiwon:
Grasu might be up this week and even start at center. Cyprien might be up to play three safety package against Zona

Smart man. I forgot 1 of the 2 brought up has to be an OL. It's possible he starts. Crazy.
Originally posted by NCommand:

RB 38 JaMycal Hasty
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
WR 14 River Cracraft
WR 2 Kevin White
TE 83 Chase Harrell
C 50 Hroniss Grasu
RG 61 Dakoda Shepley
LT 77 William Sweet
DE 96 Dion Jordan
NT 65 Darrion Daniels
LB 59 Joe Walker
CB 35 Tim Harris Jr.
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
S 43 Jared Mayden
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien

To be fair, it's only been 1 day, so give it time before some get poached. Remember you can protect 4 by Tuesday of each week, so by tomorrow 4PM EST we should know the 4 protected guys for week 1, but on each Monday they become unprotected, so they can sign elsewhere.

I don't think they are required to gameday activate 2 from the PS, but just have the option.

Can't all these PS players be picked up by any team, for their 53, at any time during the year ? Each player can only be protected for 2 weeks. I can't imagine this practice squad staying intact for the whole year.
I think these are the most likely to see playing time:

C 50 Hroniss Grasso
S 48 Johnathan Cyprien
CB 27 Dontae Johnson
FB 49 Josh Hokit
WR 17 Jauan Jennings
LB 59 Joe Walker

They had a rule where if a player was selected from another team's practice squad that he had to stay on the roster for I think 4 weeks. Are they still doing that?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wish they would trade Beathard, I think they could use another LB, OL or CB on the roster. If you're down to your 3rd QB, your season is pretty much down the tubes anyway.

Yeah loaded is not the right word when it consists of rookies who we've never seen play and vets cut or released from other teams
Share 49ersWebzone