LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Johnathan Cyprien, safety

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Well looks like the end of Marcell Harris's time as a 49er.

Nah

I am curious why all the safeties are being brought in.

Pretty obvious isn't it? Not like we have a lot of depth at safety and Harris is fkn subpar at best.

I think having backup safeties like Moore and Harris is pretty nice.

Moore....no thank you...Harris....meh. Both are more suited for the run game and special teams. both are very useless in pass coverage, and have proven that. Moore will never get there IMHO.

Nah

Pretty obvious isn't it? Not like we have a lot of depth at safety and Harris is fkn subpar at best.

Moore....no thank you...Harris....meh. Both are more suited for the run game and special teams. both are very useless in pass coverage, and have proven that. Moore will never get there IMHO.

Hmm...gotta disagree with you on Moore. He had a few missteps with bad angles, but one of his best attribute is his closing speed, always being around the ball in the pass game and ability to play centerfield, as long as he cleans up those angles. His big issue was tackling runners, I think he will be the future FS.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 19, 2020 at 7:47 PM ]

Nah

Moore is not bad at all, I don't know what you've been watching but towards the end of the year and even in the SB which he had a pick he played a lot. You must be thinking of
Harris
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Moore is not bad at all, I don't know what you've been watching but towards the end of the year and even in the SB which he had a pick he played a lot. You must be thinking of
Harris

Tell Fred...Lol

Nah

Hmm...gotta disagree with you on Moore. He had a few missteps with bad angles, but one of his best attribute is his closing speed, always being around the ball in the pass game and ability to play centerfield, as lily as he cleans up those angles. His big issue was tackling runners, I think he will be the future FS.

This is spot on. He's got an excellent nose for the ball and tremendous speed and range. In fact, that's WHY he'll take a bad angle at times...over pursues. And Harris has made big strides. Crocker loves him and it sounds like he's playing well in practice too.

This is the most likely reason.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Nah

Hmm...gotta disagree with you on Moore. He had a few missteps with bad angles, but one of his best attribute is his closing speed, always being around the ball in the pass game and ability to play centerfield, as lily as he cleans up those angles. His big issue was tackling runners, I think he will be the future FS.

This is spot on. He's got an excellent nose for the ball and tremendous speed and range. In fact, that's WHY he'll take a bad angle at times...over pursues. And Harris has made big strides. Crocker loves him and it sounds like he's playing well in practice too.

This is the most likely reason.

Very interesting . Thanks
Wow....has it been that long? It seems like just yesterday guys on this board where falling all over themselves for this guy. If I remember correctly, it was a pretty safety heavy draft, so their where some good options.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Very interesting . Thanks

Agree, everything is getting smaller and faster against all these fast-break offenses. Guud stuff, only here. You will never see Mr. Con bringing to you stuff this technical!
I liked him a lot coming out of college. Maybe he can provide us with some solid depth if he makes the team.

Does anyone know if he plays special teams?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Was my draft crush coming out of FIU, he's a good player when healthy, that's a big WHEN tho

I remember the draft discussions between him, Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro.

Nah

Moore is still learning, but I think he is going to be dope. I can see him at FS once Ward moves on.
Think about it guys, we've added former first round picks like him and Austin plus other good role players as possible depth pieces or maybe just camp bodies. That's called a really f**king good team.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 19, 2020 at 9:35 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WHERE HE BEEN ALL THESE TIMES?
Based on what I've read about Harris' camp so far Marcel has made a good deal of progress. I'd doubt signing Cyprien to a 1-yr deal threatens Harris. Combined with UDFA Hayden and the just-signed UDFA Evan Foster, I'm wondering if something else is going on. Tartt is in his final contract year...and maybe Coach/Lynch think it may be better to trade him & get something decent in return rather than allow him to become a UFA. They may be thinking that because they feel they won't be able to pay him what the free market may bear. I can't explain any other reason they'd stockpile S's...and Harris could be Tartt's replacement. Cyprien would be veteran depth, a guy who could step in if Harris' play isn't up to par or he gets injured. I could be wrong...but I can't think of another viable reason they'd acquire so many S's.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Nah

Harris

Let's revisit this at the EOY. I know he's young, learning new roles and schemes, but I just don't think he's that flash in the pan they expected. I think Harris has the best instincts of the two. Moore is more athletic indeed.

Yes he had a pick in the SB and it was pretty much the ol tip drill, being in the right place at the right time. Didn't do anything spectacular. That lovely PI on 3&10 in the SB was just fantastic. Lol really helped there
Share 49ersWebzone