LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

49ers sign Hroniss Grasu OL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good. Keep bringing them in. Just a few weeks away from the first game. Some could even be protected on the PS possibly or called back in season. keep trying them out.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2020 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good. Keep bringing them in. Just a few weeks away from the first game. Some could even be protected on the PS possibly or called back in season. keep trying them out.

I'm trying to get clarification about the whole protection rule, and whether they have to clear waivers, if so, Beathard makes the 53, he won't clear waivers IMO. Also like most vested veterans, I doubt Grasu would take a PS salary.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Didn't we have trouble with Kilgore like we had with the "Swinging Gate" who also was famous for the "matador" blocks? I thot we were all relieved when Kilgore left. He could snap the ball but i don't recall him being able to block. Have i got the wrong guy? My recollection was being happy when he left ,maybe to Miami?

I'm VERY relieved we aren't signing Kill-Gore.
Training camp body who will have to play a lot better than he has in the past to get a roster spot. More options will come available as the teams start their roster cutdowns. Decent signing for the situation the Niners are in.
Grasu played in an offense at Oregon that featured lots of motion so he may be a better fit here. You never know.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I'm trying to get clarification about the whole protection rule, and whether they have to clear waivers, if so, Beathard makes the 53, he won't clear waivers IMO. Also like most vested veterans, I doubt Grasu would take a PS salary.

I think (not positive) they have to clear waivers come the 53 man cuts...after that they can throw who they want on PS (16 spots) and protect four guys weekly.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 19, 2020 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think (not positive) they have to clear waivers come the 53 man cuts...after that they can throw who they want on PS (16 spots) and protect four guys weekly.

If so, Beathard makes the 53, he won't clear waivers, someone will claim him, probably Seattle . The only reason I had him on the PS was because some here were saying we could place him on the PS without exposing him to waivers, which I wasn't 100% sure that was true.
If so, Beathard makes the 53, he won't clear waivers, someone will claim him, probably Seattle . The only reason I had him on the PS was because some here were saying we could place him on the PS without exposing him to waivers, which I wasn't 100% sure that was true.

Yeah I'm not 100% either but I think that's how it goes...They have to place him on their active roster if they claimed him.

That still may be true for the initial PS but if called up in season, to go back down they'd need to clear waivers first each time?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2020 at 5:30 PM ]
Not sure how this guys pro career has been honestly but at Oregon he was a leader and remember seeing him mocked pretty high early on in his college career

I wouldn't be so sure that he doesn't clear waivers, most teams are set with a starter and backup in place. Worth the risk in any case, dude been a wasted roster spot since being drafted

Did you quote yourself bro lol such a Cohn Thing to do jkjkhkhk
That still may be true for the initial PS but if called up in season, to go back down they'd need to clear waivers first each time?

Not according to this:

(b) In each game of the regular and postseason, a Club may choose to elevate a maximum of two players from its Practice Squad to its Active/Inactive List without the player first terminating his Practice Squad Player Contract and executing an NFL Player Contract.

(d) Any elevation of a player from a Club's Practice Squad to its Active/Inactive List must occur no earlier in the week than the final day for such player personnel transactions prior to the game for which the player is being elevated, but not later than the applicable player personnel transaction deadline for that day. Any player who is elevated to a Club's Active/Inactive List must be listed on the Club's game-day Active List or Inactive List, as applicable.

(e) Any player who is elevated to a Club's Active/Inactive List for a regular season or postseason game pursuant to this Section 5 shall automatically revert to the Club's Practice Squad at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the first business day following such game without being subject to waivers.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/6/17/21294420/nfl-new-practice-squad-rules-new-england-patriots
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Didn't we have trouble with Kilgore like we had with the "Swinging Gate" who also was famous for the "matador" blocks? I thot we were all relieved when Kilgore left. He could snap the ball but i don't recall him being able to block. Have i got the wrong guy? My recollection was being happy when he left ,maybe to Miami?

I'm VERY relieved we aren't signing Kill-Gore.

+1 Kilgore was the worst run blocking OL I've seen that was a starter. The amount of times he got pushed back 5 yards in the backfield and PFF didn't account for it.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Not according to this:

(b) In each game of the regular and postseason, a Club may choose to elevate a maximum of two players from its Practice Squad to its Active/Inactive List without the player first terminating his Practice Squad Player Contract and executing an NFL Player Contract.

(d) Any elevation of a player from a Club's Practice Squad to its Active/Inactive List must occur no earlier in the week than the final day for such player personnel transactions prior to the game for which the player is being elevated, but not later than the applicable player personnel transaction deadline for that day. Any player who is elevated to a Club's Active/Inactive List must be listed on the Club's game-day Active List or Inactive List, as applicable.

(e) Any player who is elevated to a Club's Active/Inactive List for a regular season or postseason game pursuant to this Section 5 shall automatically revert to the Club's Practice Squad at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the first business day following such game without being subject to waivers.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/6/17/21294420/nfl-new-practice-squad-rules-new-england-patriots

Makes sense w/ covid...they had to. If one or more of the NFL's 32 pulled a Miami Marlins and 14 guys tested positive one Mon a.m....well, that team is gonna need some players, and this was one way to accomplish that.

Which brings up another related happening reported yesterday. After a Cleveland Indians win, 2 (starting) pitchers went out for the evening, and returned late. They, like the rest of the team were under lockdown bubble orders, and when these two yokels returned at 2 a.m. , they were caught, kicked off the team for 3 days, and when they returned, the remaining players didn't want to let them rejoin the team. Yeah, check that out. Mgmt allowed the players votes to stand, but no idea how it ultimately turns out. Interesting, nonetheless.
Share 49ersWebzone