LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jordan Reed, TE - retiring

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I feel like he needs to rest another week or two and just practice.

I don't think we need him vs Seattle. It's our D that needs to contain Wilson this week.

THIS X 5
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Would certainly help offset the loss of Deebo, I'm just not counting on it . Sounds like a lot of these guys could be a go by GB though. And one positive is if they all dint play Sunday, they won't be on short week like the rest of the guys.

Great points.

I must have blacked out or something
Originally posted by NCommand:
Would certainly help offset the loss of Deebo, I'm just not counting on it . Sounds like a lot of these guys could be a go by GB though. And one positive is if they all dint play Sunday, they won't be on short week like the rest of the guys.

Great points.

I must have blacked out or something

I'm guessing sus hacked your account. Wait...
What happened to this guy today.
He was rushed out there because of lack of bodies. The extra rest will be good for him
Got doubled and tripled team the few times he was out there. The only big name player on offense we had the Packers knew that well. One of the main reasons Richie James had a big game was because he was left open because of being an unknown commodity
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Got doubled and tripled team the few times he was out there. The only big name player on offense we had the Packers knew that well. One of the main reasons Richie James had a big game was because he was left open because of being an unknown commodity

What a great idea. Double team the best player. What the hell is Slaeh doing with Adams all game?
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
He was rushed out there because of lack of bodies. The extra rest will be good for him
Very possible.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Originally posted by Ark49er:

What a great idea. Double team the best player. What the hell is Slaeh doing with Adams all game?

Trying to get us a better draft position.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't wait for next year when we have the gang all back together - I think Reed would want to stay here.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 6, 2020 at 12:54 AM ]

Originally posted by mayo49:
I can't wait for next year when we have the gang all back together - I think Reed would want to stay here.

If Reed doesn't retire I'd want him back. We have 4 solid TE's. If Reed is hurt again then dweller steps in no problem. Only issue is that Kittle gets hurt a lot too
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

If Reed doesn't retire I'd want him back. We have 4 solid TE's. If Reed is hurt again then dweller steps in no problem. Only issue is that Kittle gets hurt a lot too

Definitely would love him back at the right price. I'd also like to see more out of Shanahan next year, given that he knows what he has in terms of offensive playmakers:

1) Raheem Mostert- He adds a totally different element to the offense. Defenses probably are keying to stop him first and foremost, even over Kittle because we are such a heavy run team.
2) George Kittle- number 1 TE in the league and it isn't even close
3) Deebo Samuel- Playmaker and a absolutely gamer
4) Brandon Aiyuk- see Deebo
5) Jordan Reed- Still commands respect in this league.

When you look at it man to man, there aren't many QBs that are in better situations in terms of their skill position guys across the board.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Definitely would love him back at the right price. I'd also like to see more out of Shanahan next year, given that he knows what he has in terms of offensive playmakers:

1) Raheem Mostert- He adds a totally different element to the offense. Defenses probably are keying to stop him first and foremost, even over Kittle because we are such a heavy run team.

When you look at it man to man, there aren't many QBs that are in better situations in terms of their skill position guys across the board.

We have a good rb and an elite te. Our wrs will be good but we are not there yet. Man to man there are way too many qbs with better weapons on offense. I'd even rather have 1 great wr and a good rb than a bunch of potential at wr and a great te. Great wrs kill defenses either directly or indirectly if they double cover him others will be open. See what GB and Ariz can do bc of their elite wr

Look at what the
cards can do with just Hopkins
gb with adams and Jones
tenn with Henry and aj brown
Atl with Julio and Ridley
saints with Thomas and Kamara.
Dallas has a great rd and wrs
Seattle has 2 great wrs and a good rb
Minn thielen Jefferson and cook
Tb with their wrs in Godwin and Evans
Carolina with McCaffery and dj moore/Samuel and company
KC with Kelce hill and Watkins

There's at least 10 teams with better weapons even if they don't have a great te or good wr 2/3. Hopefully Aiyuk and Samuel can stay healthy and 1 can be a wr1 (Aiyuk) that can make plays like tons of other wrs for their qbs.
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 7, 2020 at 11:49 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With Kittle out this is Reed's chance to shine and get a nice little contract going foward.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We have a good rb and an elite te. Our wrs will be good but we are not there yet. Man to man there are way too many qbs with better weapons on offense. I'd even rather have 1 great wr and a good rb than a bunch of potential at wr and a great te. Great wrs kill defenses either directly or indirectly if they double cover him others will be open. See what GB and Ariz can do bc of their elite wr

Look at what the
cards can do with just Hopkins
gb with adams and Jones
tenn with Henry and aj brown
Atl with Julio and Ridley
saints with Thomas and Kamara.
Dallas has a great rd and wrs
Seattle has 2 great wrs and a good rb
Minn thielen Jefferson and cook
Tb with their wrs in Godwin and Evans
Carolina with McCaffery and dj moore/Samuel and company
KC with Kelce hill and Watkins

There's at least 10 teams with better weapons even if they don't have a great te or good wr 2/3. Hopefully Aiyuk and Samuel can stay healthy and 1 can be a wr1 (Aiyuk) that can make plays like tons of other wrs for their qbs.

Agreed. And our boys rarely stay healthy, ever. That needs to be factored in as well.
Share 49ersWebzone