There are 227 users in the forums

Countdown to Opening Day - Cardinals vs 49ers - (Sun., Sept. 13th) 0 days!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
lol, damn you all counting down everything around here

And all of Danada's 4000+ posts are him going, "woooooooooooooo"

Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by mayo49:
45 days

woooooooooooooooo

It really is amazing lol
39 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I have to confess that I have pretty much lost interest in this season, which sucks because I was really looking forward to the Legendary Revenge Tour. I just don't see how, in the present environment, that the games will have much meaning or that the outcome of the season will be very satisfying. Even if the team were to make it back to the Super Bowl, assuming there is one, and win, it seems there would always be a huge asterisk next to the accomplishment. I want the team to win the Super Bowl because they were the best team in the league and proved it week in and week out against all contenders, not because they managed to navigate their way through a virus wracked season better than some other club.

This is so silly, despite what anyone says nobody has ever put an asterisk on any championship team, I don't see anyone putting any on the Redskins....I mean Washington team for 82 or 87, or the 1999 Spurs or the 2012 Miami Heat....only stat that matters are what they put in the history books and if the 49ers can some how pull off their first championship in 26 years I and I'm sure many other Niners fans would be ecstatic despite all the pandemic nonsense
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I have to confess that I have pretty much lost interest in this season, which sucks because I was really looking forward to the Legendary Revenge Tour. I just don't see how, in the present environment, that the games will have much meaning or that the outcome of the season will be very satisfying. Even if the team were to make it back to the Super Bowl, assuming there is one, and win, it seems there would always be a huge asterisk next to the accomplishment. I want the team to win the Super Bowl because they were the best team in the league and proved it week in and week out against all contenders, not because they managed to navigate their way through a virus wracked season better than some other club.

This is so silly, despite what anyone says nobody has ever put an asterisk on any championship team, I don't see anyone putting any on the Redskins....I mean Washington team for 82 or 87, or the 1999 Spurs or the 2012 Miami Heat....only stat that matters are what they put in the history books and if the 49ers can some how pull off their first championship in 26 years I and I'm sure many other Niners fans would be ecstatic despite all the pandemic nonsense

Idc if half the league opted out and we won by default. At this point the league owes us a championship.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Idc if half the league opted out and we won by default. At this point the league owes us a championship.
Totally agree. I want Lombardi #6!
I wish I could get more excited about it but it's still so far off that a lot can happen between now and then that could cause further delays. Every day something new pops up that causes players to drop out or teams to cancel events. Even when the season starts we'll all be looking at testing reports as much as box scores.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
38 days
  • mod
  • Veteran
This s**t ain't happening
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
38 days

38 days

woooooooooooooooo

• mayo49
  • Veteran
37 days
Originally posted by Waterbear:

By what conceivable metric does the league "owe" us a championship?

I think any real fan would want to know that the team earned the championship. As I mentioned in a previous post I can't imagine that there would be much satisfaction in beating the Bucs if Tom Brady tested positive for the Covid virus and had to put himself in quarantine for two weeks during the time he was scheduled to play us. I doubt any real fan would take much satisfaction in beating the Rams if Aaron Donald had to sit out for the same reason, or Russell Wilson in Seattle. Or what if a couple of our own stars tested positive and had to sit out the weeks when we had some important division games to play and we ended up losing both. I swear you'd never hear the end of the complaining if that happened. The idea of being satisfied to "win" a championship under those conditions strikes me as being a little pathetic. Maybe the league can just give out participation trophies this year, that way everyone can go home happy.
[ Edited by 49ers81 on Aug 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM ]
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Put me in the group that is tempering excitement until the season is closer. I'm still skeptical the season happens so I'm not as amped as usual.
If the league cannot figure out how to quarantine teams properly, this season is going to get shutdown very quickly.
Share 49ersWebzone