LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

2020 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
60% chance this isn't happening

Watching all these teams in all the sports starting to get back to training and opening a season is a little crazy when you see the COVID cases spiking all over the country. We Americans haven't done a good job of disciplining ourselves. We have about 1/20th of the world population but about 1/4 of the cases and deaths. We are so used to having it good here that too many are thinking everything will be fine and the virus is magically going away. This is the greatest crisis most of us will face in our lifetime both health wise and economically. Until that vaccine is ready we can't let our guard down.
doubt CA out of all the places allows this to happen...good chance they have to go to another state...

100% chance it's happening
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Double post.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 1, 2020 at 3:09 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Double post.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 1, 2020 at 3:09 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
27 days
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
27 days
27 days

woooooooooooooooo
I wish I could get excited like I usually do around this time of year but with the uncertainty surrounding this season it's hard to get too worked up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
26 days

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wish I could get excited like I usually do around this time of year but with the uncertainty surrounding this season it's hard to get too worked up.

Same. Depressing how the virus is spiking in the southern states. I'm sure the riots and protests and in addition, the south American states are going through what we went through and are about a month or more behind us.

Good news is that once the south American states get past that, hopefully everything gets back on a downward trend.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
26 days

(I'm *still* an eternal optimist! )
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Watching all these teams in all the sports starting to get back to training and opening a season is a little crazy when you see the COVID cases spiking all over the country. We Americans haven't done a good job of disciplining ourselves. We have about 1/20th of the world population but about 1/4 of the cases and deaths. We are so used to having it good here that too many are thinking everything will be fine and the virus is magically going away. This is the greatest crisis most of us will face in our lifetime both health wise and economically. Until that vaccine is ready we can't let our guard down.

The numbers are inflated, we have more resources for testing than other places in the world so of course we are going to have more confirmed cases than say a 3rd world country. Also hospitals are getting paid per covid death so anyone that dies they test and if they test positive then they label it a covid death which is not always the case.
26 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
The numbers are inflated, we have more resources for testing than other places in the world so of course we are going to have more confirmed cases than say a 3rd world country. Also hospitals are getting paid per covid death so anyone that dies they test and if they test positive then they label it a covid death which is not always the case.

The numbers are more likely under reported than inflated. We aren't doing more testing than any other place. We are way behind many countries in the world. Many places in the U.S. still don't have adequate testing and the tests are unreliable. Instead of having one standardized test that is proven to work we have a patchwork of several different tests some of which are less than 50% accurate. We are seeing many more positive cases than other developed countries around the world.
Share 49ersWebzone