Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
No one has opted out and no one has tested positive. Got to love it.

Actually, someone has tested positive already. Did they ever say who it was?

Richie James and Jeff Wilson

Just because they were on the list doesn't necessarily mean they tested positive.
at least one tested positive and my money is on James

They moved James to the active roster - so it had to have been Wilson.
James tested positive awhile back in June, when players were having their own OTA

That was then - he's been cleared now.
thats why i said he tested positive, Wilson is not known if he tested positive or has been in contact with someone who has
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
No one has opted out and no one has tested positive. Got to love it.

Actually, someone has tested positive already. Did they ever say who it was?

Richie James and Jeff Wilson

Just because they were on the list doesn't necessarily mean they tested positive.
at least one tested positive and my money is on James

They moved James to the active roster - so it had to have been Wilson.
James tested positive awhile back in June, when players were having their own OTA

That was then - he's been cleared now.
thats why i said he tested positive, Wilson is not known if he tested positive or has been in contact with someone who has

Gotcha. I think Wilson is still in quarantine.

James wasn't with those guys in Nashville. Also they never said he tested postive in June.

Neither reports said they tested positive...they said that he either tested positive or was around someone that was positive. The fact that James was already taken off leads me to believe he wasn't positive.

Gotcha. I think Wilson is still in quarantine.

Correct mayo, neither could have it but the fact that Wilson hasn't been taken off the list (and James has) might mean he could have it.
This is the kind of s**t that makes me worried about whether or not the NFL can have a full season this year:

Four reportedly shot at Beverly Hills party with 'hundreds' thrown for NFL player
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
This is the kind of s**t that makes me worried about whether or not the NFL can have a full season this year:

Four reportedly shot at Beverly Hills party with 'hundreds' thrown for NFL player

teams that hold players accountable and work together will win this yr...

FWIW this would have happened if there was a NFL season or not. Like I've been saying these players haven't been sitting at home quarantining.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 4, 2020 at 7:21 AM ]
Wish others would be fined that much for refusing to wear masks.

I want sh*t back to at least the new normal. Get those masks on people.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Are these permanent? Cause they should be.
Originally posted by genus49:

Same, just a little inconvenience...people need to stop the whining and wear a mask when you need too.

It's really not that big of a deal imo
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Are these permanent? Cause they should be.

It will be hard for the league to argue them down by next year,...sooo...
Oh snap. Teams can afford Clowney now. Extensions.

Originally posted by genus49:

Same, just a little inconvenience...people need to stop the whining and wear a mask when you need too.

It's really not that big of a deal imo

It really bothers me when I hear about a couple of MLB players sneaking off to go to some place outside the hotel. Now that team has to cancel some games. This is what concerns me about the NFL trying to play a full season.

You can put in all the testing and rules you want but if some players decide that the rules don't apply to them and sneak off and go to a club, the whole system can break down. These guys are young and have money so they like parties and nights on the town. It's going to be really hard to make it thru the entire season without a few knuckleheads breaking the rules. Baseball can make up cancelled games by playing doubleheaders but eventually they will run out of days to play. The NFL can't play doubleheaders and they don't have a lot of time to make up cancelled games. They can't keep pushing back the season because eventually they'll run into next years training camps. Players need time to recover from the previous season even in a normal year.
Share 49ersWebzone