There are 108 users in the forums

DeMarkus Acy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has anyone taken a look at this DeMarkus Acy kid we sign as a UDFA? This kid looks legit.
Remember all the zone hype we gave McFadden last year? LOL
Originally posted by Iupati77:
Has anyone taken a look at this DeMarkus Acy kid we sign as a UDFA? This kid looks legit.

He looks good on the highlights. Great size for DB. Looks aggressive, good tackler and instinct. The only thing I noticed is he looks slow to accelerate. What's his 40? Could be a free safety. He has potential with hard work.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Remember all the zone hype we gave McFadden last year? LOL

and the wr that was the next dez bryant
DeMarkus don't break my Acy breaky heart
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Remember all the zone hype we gave McFadden last year? LOL

and the wr that was the next dez bryant

I feel a lot more excited about Acy than Mcfadden tbh. But time will tell.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
He looks good on the highlights. Great size for DB. Looks aggressive, good tackler and instinct. The only thing I noticed is he looks slow to accelerate. What's his 40? Could be a free safety. He has potential with hard work.

He has actually played safety too. He'd be even better as a strong safety IMO. Probably his best shot at making the roster.
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,246
Shermans replacement
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,269
Originally posted by Jiks:
Shermans replacement

This.
As per this article...10 sleeper prospects who could become high draft picks in 2020 NFL Draft (Nicholas Perlich) June 2019

The 2020 NFL Draft is shaping up to have a loaded cornerback class. DeMarkus Acy is a forgotten man when discussing some of the better players at the position, however.

Acy is a former 3-star safety recruit who only got one other offer from a Power 5 school (Iowa St.) team during his recruitment. He has since made a successful and profitable move to cornerback since arriving at Missouri.

Acy has great size at 6-2 and 195 pounds. He is long, lanky and knows how to use his frame in coverage. He has excellent ball skills as evidenced by his 3 interceptions and 10 pass breakups last season.

He is at his best in zone coverage when he can keep his eyes on the quarterback and make a play on the ball. He is also solid in man coverage where he uses his length well to make up for a lack of speed at times. Lastly, he is not afraid to tackle and tackle hard in run support or on screens.

You won't hear Acy's name mentioned as one of the best cornerbacks in the 2020 draft class. At least at the beginning of the year, and that's a mistake. Everything about his game screams first-round pick and excellent cornerback at the next level.

Just reporting....oh, one last thing....his 40 time low was 4.42 according to draftscout.com

Feels great, baby!!
[ Edited by longterm9erfan on Apr 27, 2020 at 9:46 PM ]

Yep...checked him out on NFL draft profiles...or was it Rotoworld. Doesn't really matter, but they did say his combination of size, cover skills, decent speed and toughness could mean he may stick on our roster. You don't get to be all-SEC in 2018 for no reason.
I thought I read somewhere he was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.going into the 2019 season. Couple of scouting reports I read said he has enough speed to stay on Top of routes but doesnt have great hip fluidity. Still with right coaching he may be a keeper.it would be great if he turns out to be really good because of our secondary situation after the 2020 season.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
DeMarkus don't break my Acy breaky heart

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,269
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Yep...checked him out on NFL draft profiles...or was it Rotoworld. Doesn't really matter, but they did say his combination of size, cover skills, decent speed and toughness could mean he may stick on our roster. You don't get to be all-SEC in 2018 for no reason.

Perfect size for a Niner corner.
Acy is my favorite of the UDFAs.
Share 49erswebzone