LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Are the Niners better of worse than their Super Bowl team after the draft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are the team to beat in the NFC
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're younger and better - Williams and Aiyuk are an upgrade over Staley and Sanders.

Williams is an upgrade over Staley...

Can we stop with this narrative, please?

Staley played at a top 5 level last year despite battling injuries. Trent Williams hasn't played football in how many months? 18?

When they both are healthy, they have near identical production. At this point let's just pray Williams, with no off season here, can come in and play up to Staley's departure level and his body holds for 19 games.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

But can we beat the Ravens or Chiefs? Both teams look improved, especially the Ravens...

Hmm I still think we're the second best team in the NFC after the Saints. I understand we beat them at their place, but that game could easily have gone the other way. But I think it's pulling hairs.

Saints and Niners are 1a / 1b
Bucs are a big ?
Seahawks are always tough
GB, DAL, PHI, MIN are a step behind
and ARI is arrow up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hello49:

But can we beat the Ravens or Chiefs? Both teams look improved, especially the Ravens...

It's going to come down to QBs again - can Jimmy beat Mahomes.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I agree - Williams does have to show that he's back where he left off.

Williams didn't play because of a holdout and he had a cancerous growth removed from his head. It wasn't like he missed the season because of a major injury. If we have a season this year he should be fine but if we don't and he goes 2 years without playing then he could really be rusty.

I think we're about the same with the potential to be better if last years injured players can contribute this year. I'm still concerned about the DBs. Sherman won't be any faster and there are questions all over. Will Spoon bounce back? Can Mosely continue to play well? Will Ward and Taart hold up for a full season? The lack of speed in our defensive backfield really makes it important that our D line dominates.
I think we got better for sure, at least for the future.

Most teams have a huge falloff the next year after losing a SB. So we'll see
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Hmm I still think we're the second best team in the NFC after the Saints. I understand we beat them at their place, but that game could easily have gone the other way. But I think it's pulling hairs.

Saints and Niners are 1a / 1b
Bucs are a big ?
Seahawks are always tough
GB, DAL, PHI, MIN are a step behind
and ARI is arrow up.

Splitting.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Yes.

No

Okay you changed my mind.
Better, but wish Deforest and Staley are still here.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i think about the same. i say that ,.. assuming our number one pick can just do what buck did and our number two kid can do that and more than sanders did. i hope the o line pass protection is much better. i assume williams will do what staley did and maybe a titch better as he is 4 years younger. hope the secondary is better. so we are about the same i think which is not tragic. but i thought last years team was an 8 win team so what do i know
[ Edited by cciowa on Apr 26, 2020 at 8:51 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think at worst we're just as good. Yeah we lost Buckner but Kinkaw is not a shabby replacement.Staley to William's is a wash. Aiyuk isnt Sanders, but we have so much talent as receiving options its crazy.

We had a young team who will be a year better and a SB loss wiser. We're still the clear team to beat in the NFC. I think we had as good a draft as a SB team could possibly have.
Originally posted by hello49:

Yeah, the NFCW and NFC is tough enough and then if you make that, there's a very real chance you're playing one of these two who've made moves to beat each other. Not easy.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2020 at 8:56 AM ]
Yes.

No

Okay you changed my mind.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
I think at worst we're just as good. Yeah we lost Buckner but Kinkaw is not a shabby replacement.Staley to William's is a wash. Aiyuk isnt Sanders, but we have so much talent as receiving options its crazy.

We had a young team who will be a year better and a SB loss wiser. We're still the clear team to beat in the NFC. I think we had as good a draft as a SB team could possibly have.

you missed the league wide and media memo. tampa is the odds on fav in the nfc
Share 49ersWebzone