There are 230 users in the forums

"3rd and Jauan" Jennings l WR Tennessee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
You can't separate Jimmy from Kyle regarding what he wants in the passing game,...JFYI. Great coaches have to adjust to what their QBs strengths. No square boxes in round holes over here.

And neither are all about throwing jump balls to guys that are covered...
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by random49er:
You can't separate Jimmy from Kyle regarding what he wants in the passing game,...JFYI. Great coaches have to adjust to what their QBs strengths. No square boxes in round holes over here.

And neither are all about throwing jump balls to guys that are covered...

They were all about it the last time we had a big guy available. I don't think it was a coincidence the last time we had a big receiver healthy we tossed him a jump ball.... and it worked out.
[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Jul 21, 2020 at 9:23 AM ]
Is he the next Marcus Maxwell?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Is he the next Marcus Maxwell?

Practice squad for a year to get in shape and push Hurd next year unless Hurd has some set backs.

Garoppolo has asked for some receivers with bigger catching radius. Now he'll have Hurd, Jennings and Aiyuk who could possibly fit in that category with his go-go-gadget arms.
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
They were all about it the last time we had a big guy available. I don't think it was a coincidence the last time we had a big receiver healthy we tossed him a jump ball.... and it worked out.

Who are we talking about? Who is a "big" WR that kyle used all the time in SF on jump balls?

Kyle will be able to get him space while playing in the slot. That's where you'll see why they drafted him. Missed tackles/YAC.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 21, 2020 at 9:54 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jennings is the perfect redzone target - just throw it up so he can get it.

Who are we talking about? Who is a "big" WR that kyle used all the time in SF on jump balls?

Jennings is a slot WR imo nothing more.

Re-read what I wrote no one said all the time.

We tossed Hurd a jump ball on a fade route against the cowboys and he came down with it what seemed effortlessly. You mean to tell me that if he did not get hurt we would not have thrown him a few of those in the regular season/playoffs?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jennings is the perfect redzone target - just throw it up so he can get it.

He's a bigger bodied WR but he's got zero jumping ability (29" vert) and his arm length is less than 32"

In the slot is where he will have a chance to make the team.

We tossed Hurd a jump ball on a fade route against the cowboys and he came down with it what seemed effortlessly. You mean to tell me that if he did not get hurt we would not have thrown him a few of those in the regular season/playoffs?

Dude one play vs a scrub DB who was playing 5 yards off him? Let's at least talk about real football games, with jimmy G throwing the ball against starters.

I'm not saying Jennings can't do that every once in a while...my main debate with your comment is he's an outside WR. I don't see that at all. He played predominately out of the slot in college...SF wants to get him (and Hurd) out in space to get YAC.

You gotta be able to win off the LOS consistently to play mainly on the outside. That isn't his game, he doesn't have the skill set to do that. NFL DBs will play man on him all game.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 21, 2020 at 10:05 AM ]
Also I'm not saying I don't like him...I do, his best chance in SF imo is as a big slot.

You bet your ass we'll run those. In fact, the big slot will be making those kinds of body-out catches by default so running a timing jump route to the corner from the RZ won't be a challenge.

That's like having a quick-twitch WR and not using that skill set. You play to your receivers strengths. Like Deebo in jet sweeps or slants.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 21, 2020 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

You bet your ass we'll run those. In fact, the big slot will be making those kinds of body-out catches by default so running a timing jump route to the corner from the RZ won't be a challenge.

That's like having a quick-twitch WR and not using that skill set. You play to your receivers strengths. Like Deebo in jet sweeps or slants.

yes and playing to a WRs strengths in the case of Jennings is out of the slot....
yes and playing to a WRs strengths in the case of Jennings is out of the slot....

100%. Maybe a few tries outside inside the RZ too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 21, 2020 at 12:06 PM ]
Also I'm not saying I don't like him...I do, his best chance in SF imo is as a big slot.

wHat Do yOu mEaN i tInK hiZ bEsT ZHoT iS tO bE a TE oR mAyBe EvEn a RiGhT tAcKLe CuZ hE tUfF
Originally posted by Heroism:

wHat Do yOu mEaN i tInK hiZ bEsT ZHoT iS tO bE a TE oR mAyBe EvEn a RiGhT tAcKLe CuZ hE tUfF

You're just mad because he's tall. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone