LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

"3rd and Jauan" Jennings l WR Tennessee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Sticky hands
practice squad guy that can develop into Bourne's replacement or Hurd insurance.
Originally posted by Jcool:

better to take a risk on a character guy here than in early rounds.
dude looks faster than 4.7. good pick in round 7.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I wanted a bigger slot guy. Was hoping for Tyler Johnson before all the trades. I'll take Juan though.
bye bye trent taylor 👋
Originally posted by Jcool:

He fits in well with the Webzone. Lol
I'm a big Tennessee fan. Jennings is a monster. He's just one of those players who seems get the job done. Most physical WR I've ever watched.
Easily the meanest player on the team already. Physical, hard as diamonds type that was originally recruited as a QB. High football IQ, super emotional, was well liked by Tennessee fans. Dude plays with that Suh mentality, got suspended for trying to stomp a dude's head. If they can rein that stuff in while allowing him to play with the heart and all out effort he showed on the field, he could stick around.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
practice squad guy that can develop into Bourne's replacement or Hurd insurance.

Yeah, I was just gonna say he seems like perfect practice squad material unless he really plays above his draft spot.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Easily the meanest player on the team already. Physical, hard enough type that was originally recruited as a QB. High football IQ, super emotional, was well liked by Tennessee fans. Dude plays with that Suh mentality, got suspended for trying to stomp a dude's head. If they can rein that stuff in while allowing him to play with the heart and all out effort he showed on the field, he could stick around.

It's clear the kind of team Shanahan wants lol. His offense is pretty to watch, but he wants bullies.
Originally posted by Kingpin:
dude looks faster than 4.7. good pick in round 7.

His 40 technique was pretty bad so he probably is. He's not fast enough to run away from anyone in a footrace but he's fast enough that DBs cant get a good angle on their tackles which helps him break them.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
"I don't care what Jauan Jennings runs in the 40," Pruitt said. "I don't care what he jumps on a vertical. All I know is throw him the ball. You want the ball in the guy's hands. Wherever he gets drafted, he's going to play and he's going to be an impact on the team."

Jennings was one of the top wide receivers in the SEC last season, ranking fifth in receiving yards (969), tied for eighth in receptions (59), tied for sixth in touchdowns (eight) and sixth in yards per catch (16.4), and he finished his Tennessee career in the top five in the program's career list for receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns.

Perhaps more importantly for his NFL stock, Jennings led all wide receivers in college football in broken tackles with 30, according to Pro Football Focus, and routinely was a nightmare for opposing defenses to get to the ground as he carved them up over the middle of the field working out of the slot.

Since the NFL Combine, the range of draft projections for Jennings has widened significantly. PFF and Sporting News have him as a third-round pick in their latest mock drafts, and NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein gave him a priority free agent grade. If there is a majority among the projections, it has Jennings going in the later rounds on the third day of the draft on Saturday.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/2020-NFL-Draft-Tennessee-Vols-Coach-Jeremy-Pruitt-Sends-Message-About-Wide-Receiver-Jauan-Jennings-40-Time-146386021/

Big red zone target and YAC monster. Runs like a RB.

Kyle Shanahan reminds me of a friend of mine that only likes thicc women. He definitely has a type. Dante Pettis is like the one skinny girl he dated before he realized that he really likes thicc women.

But yeah, Jalen Hurd insurance policy.
Share 49ersWebzone