LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Charlie Woerner l TE, ATL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
This team sure knows how to draft a TE. And linebackers.

Everything else I dunno. It's wierd every team has their own specialty drafting. Broncos can pick rb's in any round

I think they do a pretty good job in finding Offensive Linemen and Running backs too. I'm pretty sure Coaching is a big part of it, unless Walsh just lucked into Joe and Steve.
DL is getting desperate for content.

Everything else I dunno. It's wierd every team has their own specialty drafting. Broncos can pick rb's in any round

We don't need to draft RB's . We pick them up as UDFA's. Can't beat that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

...and get freebie 5th round picks after they've stewed in the pot for a bit.

Don't know what it is, but both Kyle and his dad have that unique talent to just see RBs , UDFAs, walk ons, 7th, 6th rd picks, and they find gold. It is a talent that few others , if any, have.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Don't know what it is, but both Kyle and his dad have that unique talent to just see RBs , UDFAs, walk ons, 7th, 6th rd picks, and they find gold. It is a talent that few others , if any, have.

Walsh had the same kind of knack. Walsh saw *one* play of Dwight Clark and drafted him. Walsh saw a couple of grainy pictures of Haley, he could barely make out the guy in the film, and drafted him. I remember this kid named Bill Ring keep making the team, and I saw he sucked as a fullback, but put him in on 3rd down his hands were just vacuum cleaner with the football in the air.

Just to take a stab at even analyzing such genius - as NC said in another thread - they *know* exactly what they want in a player for this particular offensive system they run, and as long as he meets the criteria for what particular position they are trying to do offensively, it doesn't matter if the guy was first round pick or undrafted or played in CFL. Like Breida, for example, if a guy runs 4.3, kyle gets interested in him - probably even if Breida played in division III he'd still be interested in him. Take OLinemen, if the guy ran track and field, played basketball, and runs a 4.5 forty yard dash and is about 290 lbs - Kyle gets interested even if he played in the CFL or Cal State Pomona College. Speed is an example of what Kyle is looking for, for his offense. If you have it, he'll look at you.
Originally posted by NCommand:

It's part of this article

Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's part of this article

Yeah, when you're getting into Toilolo 2.0's spider chart, it's the slow time of the off season. LOL.

His points are solid though.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Yeah, when you're getting into Toilolo 2.0's spider chart, it's the slow time of the off season. LOL.

Ok but this type of who cares content is like 90% of the zone.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Ok but this type of who cares content is like 90% of the zone.

90% is being generous.

!!
Forget the source and just check out the video. If Woerner can bring this kind of work to the NFL he is going to be a huge asset in the running game. That first block is nasty. He has some chops as a receiver as well. I like how he uses his hands to catch the ball rather than letting it get into his body. Could be another 49er late round diamond in the rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5jCoNUlck
Originally posted by 49ers81:
!!
Forget the source and just check out the video. If Woerner can bring this kind of work to the NFL he is going to be a huge asset in the running game. That first block is nasty. He has some chops as a receiver as well. I like how he uses his hands to catch the ball rather than letting it get into his body. Could be another 49er late round diamond in the rough.

You made me click on a Grant Cohn link! I feel unclean now.
!!

You made me click on a Grant Cohn link! I feel unclean now.

Fun fact:

Grant Cohn is a walking mutated yeast infection.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
!!

It would be so cool if we have two George Kittles! I'm really looking forward to seeing him and all the rest of the new young players play this year.
Yo, is he signed? I feel like he's the only rookie that hasn't yet

They report tomorrow?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 22, 2020 at 1:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone