There are 176 users in the forums

Charlie Woerner l TE, ATL

Shop 49ers game tickets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPaGN2oRwQ4
Originally posted by okdkid:

Sold
49ers selected Georgia TE Charlie Woerner with the No. 190 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

A part-time player in his four years with the Bulldogs, Woerner's career stat line (34/376/1) would be disappointing even if it were for one season. Frequently dispersed as Georgia's lead strongside blocker, Woerner got by with physicality and an appetite for contact, often using his tenacity and momentum to create running lanes. He has a low ceiling at the next level, but his willingness to do the dirty work to make a living could help him escape camp with a roster spot.

Rotoworld

He really does line up in the slot a ton as a receiver (more as a decoy).
Kittle/Woerner is going to be this generation's Rice/Taylor
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Here's to hoping he has the hidden receiving ability that simply wasn't showcased due to the scheme/gameplan.

I really.... REALLLY doubt it.

Maybe....but his routs are VERY sloppy, and he has a habit of telling you its a draw and not an actual pass.

He is going to need coaching for sure, but physically he looks a mobile tackle in space, even when he is lined up at SE.

We don't want to be overly critical of a 6th round draft choice, but i don't think he was a hidden Kittle 2.0.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Toilolo's replacement probably
this

Levine Toilolo got $3.2M from the Giants.

Nice savings for us if he can do what Toilolo did.
Love this draft, nothing but physical, strong, dominant kids who have abused their competitors. Add in Williams with a 5th and 3rd next year.
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Kittle/Woerner is going to be this generation's Rice/Taylor

gronk/hernandez
This is another piece to use on offense and will be put in position to be successful.

One thing I'll never do is question our scouting staff when it comes to late round player evaluations. Hell even Kaden Smith looked good last season after we waived him and the Giants picked him up.

Our front office seems to repeatedly find late round gems and hopefully this is another one.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He really does line up in the slot a ton as a receiver (more as a decoy).

That is the only intriguing part of this to me..... he played WR as much if not more then he played TE.

He is very comfortable in space, and while he is not a good rout runner...he has run patterns many, many times.

There are snaps he looks like an extra tackle on the line...and gets good movement.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Although it was in high school, there is a highlight film that shows how well he catches the ball and run after the catch. Looks very natural doing it.

Crazy Kittle wasn't drafted earlier. Hindsight 20/20 but he was an athletic blocker in a running scheme, better athlete then Njoku 👀
Share 49ersWebzone