LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

Charlie Woerner l TE, ATL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't worry Charlie, the Giants will pick you up and you'll be a starter by week 3.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
If Woerner can develop into a good FB, that frees Juszczyk to be let go/restructured so we can keep Trent Williams. At least that's my hope. Jus has been fantastic in Kyle's offense, and almost indispensable, but Dwelley did a credible job when Juszczyk was out last year. I think Woerner has the ability to eventually replace Juszczyk and maybe, be a more dangerous weapon. Woerner's measurable look very similar to me like Juszczyk's.

The film says otherwise on Dwelley filling in for Juice. Not that good of a blocker. In fact, not even close to Juice. I think Woerner has a better chance of backing Juice this year. Woerner worked in line, from the slot and from the backfield and was an effective blocker. With Kittle tutoring him, he could replace Juice when his contract runs out.

If he starts working with the RB/FB group, that'll give us some insight but for now I'd imagine it would be exclusively with the OL/TE group.

Josh Hokit will probably replace juice next season.
Trent Williams todays said this guy was one of the best blockers on the team. I have heard him mentioned more than once by other players. The way Kyle like to run the ball it sounds like he has a chance to make the team. But could they carry 4 TE's? I know they like Dwelley too, and I think Reed is a lock.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
If Woerner can develop into a good FB, that frees Juszczyk to be let go/restructured so we can keep Trent Williams. At least that's my hope. Jus has been fantastic in Kyle's offense, and almost indispensable, but Dwelley did a credible job when Juszczyk was out last year. I think Woerner has the ability to eventually replace Juszczyk and maybe, be a more dangerous weapon. Woerner's measurable look very similar to me like Juszczyk's.

The film says otherwise on Dwelley filling in for Juice. Not that good of a blocker. In fact, not even close to Juice. I think Woerner has a better chance of backing Juice this year. Woerner worked in line, from the slot and from the backfield and was an effective blocker. With Kittle tutoring him, he could replace Juice when his contract runs out.

If he starts working with the RB/FB group, that'll give us some insight but for now I'd imagine it would be exclusively with the OL/TE group.

Juice isn't going anywhere until he retires. He's an elite blocker and a big play threat. His footwork on some of those windbacks and counters is scary good and our offense is pretty pedestrian without being able to run those plays effectively.
Maiocco mentioned on his podcast with Ian Williams that Woerner has been looking impressive with his route running and catching ability throughout camp. He mentioned that Woerner was getting a lot of plays going his way. And to not be fooled by the low amount of catches he had in college, similar to Kittle. This along with Williams glowing remarks regarding his blocking has me

I think we might have another Kittle on our hands (albeit a slower version )
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Maiocco mentioned on his podcast with Ian Williams that Woerner has been looking impressive with his route running and catching ability throughout camp. He mentioned that Woerner was getting a lot of plays going his way. And to not be fooled by the low amount of catches he had in college, similar to Kittle. This along with Williams glowing remarks regarding his blocking has me

Heard that from a few guys. Said he was going to play a big role in the passing game
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Heard that from a few guys. Said he was going to play a big role in the passing game

Nice. I can't wait to see what he brings to the field.
gonna be a good #2 once reed leaves
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 3, 2020 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
gonna be a good #2 once reed leaves

Reed will be lucky to stay on the field for an entire game. Dude's brain is scrambled.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Woerner isn't Juice's replacement, KS won't let Juice walk, him, Sherm, Kittle, and Trent are must re-signs IMO.

Agree, but I'd never say never. If Woerner shows up at fullback as well as TE, that's a good problem to have and might solve a part of the 2021 cap problem.

I disagree. Woerner is not gonna make a lot of plays after the catch. That's what makes Juscyck an OW.

I dunno about that. Dwelley singlehandedly (almost) won us the Arizona game last year with those catches after the run, and Dwelley isn't the most talented TE on the team either. I think Woener can fit in at Fullback, TE or offensive weapon, just needs more playing time is all.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Nice! Toilolo 2.0!

"I'm excited. Charlie's a good dude," Kittle shared. "We were actually running routes together, and he was like, 'Hey, this passing stuff is kind of boring. When are we going to start talking about run game?'

"And I was like, 'You're my guy. I needed that out of you.'"

This quote makes me thinking Woerner is gonna be a blocking TE primarily, meaning he's not being groomed to be Juice's replacement, cause Juice does everything. But excited to see what Woerner does for the run game.

The Quote, if true, does say he was running pass patterns and from indications, no news of Woerner dropping balls in training camp, is good news. Excited to see what Woerner does in this offense (block, run over people as a ball carrier, and catch passes! )
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I totally hope that can happen! If Woerner does well, there's a possibility we could recapture some draft capital with a Juszczyk trade. Maybe a low 6th or 7th? As for Dwelley, for an undrafted, he is pretty good, and did well as Kittle's under study last year. Dwelley's speed is sub 4.9/40 - not too far off from Jordan Reed's 4.7/40. Dwelley's younger than Reed too. That TE group is good and it's going to be difficult making cuts there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That is another player with a lot of promising talent.
Kittle was joking about the Niners running a 4 TE set. Or was he

That is another player with a lot of promising talent.

Hokit? This one has passed me by, I shall watch out for him. That being said, I think Juice is here for the duration, cap permitting. He is just too fundamental to our O.
Share 49ersWebzone