LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Biggest shocker isn't the implication that Joe Staley may retire.

It's that the 49ers have an ELITE GM. WOW LOL. Only John Lynch could smooth things over between Snyder and Shanahan.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2020 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
If the 49ers don't extend TWilliams, then he leaves and most likely can garner a 3rd round comp pick. If so, the trade is 2020 5th + 2021 3rd (probably late in round if 49er are good), and when TW leaves, they get a 3rd back (late 3rd comp).

He's not going anywhere if he plays like he has in the past. Just hope he's in somewhat decent shape
We fleeced the redskins
Originally posted by thl408:
If the 49ers don't extend TWilliams, then he leaves and most likely can garner a 3rd round comp pick. If so, the trade is 2020 5th + 2021 3rd (probably late in round if 49er are good), and when TW leaves, they get a 3rd back (late 3rd comp).

So it could come down to we got him for a 5th this year only
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How did he failed a physical last year....

Is that a concern?

Theres a whole thing with Washington fumbling his medical issue and him refusing to play for them. Hes good now
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hes 31 and has made the Pro Bowl in his last 7 seasons...

Didn't make it last season

Taking a year off could be a good thing too for his body and mind though.
I just can't get behind this deal—at least not right now. Two days after Kyle explicitly says he will do his best not to mortgage future draft picks, we do exactly that. Williams is essentially a one-year rental.

I am stunned that Staley is retiring. It's an assumption that he waited to inform the organization, but it certainly seems like the most likely scenario right now. Wow.
Damn
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Joe though
MM called it a few days ago.
Originally posted by okdkid:
1 year rental to get Brunskill ready for the long term gig.

LMAO. Biggest man crush ever, okdkid. Respect.

Silverback gorilla 🦍 😎
Maybe Trent vetoed anything that was not the Niners.

Neither the Browns or the Vikes are legit SB contenders
Originally posted by BYisGod:
I just can't get behind this deal—at least not right now. Two days after Kyle explicitly says he will do his best not to mortgage future draft picks, we do exactly that. Williams is essentially a one-year rental.

I am stunned that Staley is retiring. It's an assumption that he waited to inform the organization, but it certainly seems like the most likely scenario right now. Wow.

Giving up a 3rd next year isn't mortgaging
Not going to be mad about a 3 and 5. Will be interesting to see what there plan is if Joe stays.
Best LT in the game!!! LFG!!!
Share 49ersWebzone