There are 202 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
As long as he's stays healthy he will be top 5 until he retires.

Amazing that we have had 4 of the last 6 years. We are truly fortunate. I also have no fear of any big drop off from Trent in the final 3 years of his deal.
Should we start thinking about drafting his replacement this year? Have them start at RT till Williams retires.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Should we start thinking about drafting his replacement this year? Have them start at RT till Williams retires.

I'd say next year would be a better time, we finally will have a 1st again
Originally posted by JMC52:

I'd say next year would be a better time, we finally will have a 1st again

Yeah I agree. We need a high draft pick to pick a top tier OLT

We may want to wait until we have a 1st round pick to start thinking about that guys replacement, unless we mean just replacing him with a guy.
going to be a tough transition, we've been super spoilt for LTs the last few years.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Lynch pull another rabbit out of his hat when Trent retires and bring in another veteran.
Originally posted by walker807:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Lynch pull another rabbit out of his hat when Trent retires and bring in another veteran.

Agreed, won't shock me if they trade for a veteran when Trent retires, which I don't think will be a few more years, they opted into 2024-2026 years, so he may have told him he'll play till say 2025 or max 2026, then retire, need to get big ole Trent a ring badly, wish we could have gotten Staley, Gore, Willis, Cowboy, Bowman, etc... rings.
Apparently, despite Trent still being the undisputed best tackle in the NFL, the Cowboy fan who does ratings for Madden decided Trent Williams should drop from a 99 to a 98 overall in Madden ratings. Mysteriously, despite Zack Martin having a down year, he actually went UP in the ratings from 98 to 99.

Coincidence? I think not.

For the record, the Cowboy fan who dropped Trent in ratings (and has Brock Purdy at a horrid 73), is this guy:

https://twitter.com/equipment_guru?lang=en
Found it. Search function kept redirecting to an article. Any update on his injury?

Team reported no injuries from the game, so probably just had the wind knocked out of him. He only missed one play.
Originally posted by captveg:
Team reported no injuries from the game, so probably just had the wind knocked out of him. He only missed one play.

Ok good, also, I want his beanie 😄

Woot, my job will be easy this week!!! Good because I have travel to el paso

That play was my scare for the day. I expect Trent to miss some time here and there. Just avoid anything major.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Woot, my job will be easy this week!!! Good because I have travel to el paso

Keep up the work, Shorteous, it's very appreciated.
Share 49ersWebzone