LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Should have drafted Wirfs.

and pay a RG a ton of money...nah.

Then move out to RT after we dump McGlinchey for Williams.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
That will surprise some but if Williams is still as good as he was, he should be the one to re-sign in priority.

Kittle.

never
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by pdc20:
That will surprise some but if Williams is still as good as he was, he should be the one to re-sign in priority.

Kittle.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd prioritize him over Kittle but he's right there. I don't think people realize how freaking good Williams is ( I get it nobody watches Washington lol ). I still just can't believe we got him

never

sidenote, that episode was legit af.

I don't know how we'd do it but hey, Trent forced a handshake trade with us for next to nothing, why can't Adams do they same?

As to keeping them after this year?

PS: Tartt isn't happy about it in Twitter. LOL

[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM ]

I don't know how we'd do it but hey, Trent forced a handshake trade with us for next to nothing, why can't Adams do they same?

As to keeping them after this year?

PS: Tartt isn't happy about it in Twitter. LOL

Lol yup saw that..thing is Tartt is a FA after this yr. adams is under contract thru 2021. They could do a deal like the panthers did for CMC, let him play out his rookie deal give him an extension (get singing bonus cash up front), And toss on a team option in 2025 to spread out the cap.
Thomas, tartt, 2021 2nd and 2022 3rd for Adams and a 2020 5th.

Frees up more cash this yr to pay Kittle a little more.

Give Adams an extension end of the yr along the lines of something like CMC got (4 yr extension but actually 6 yrs under team control). Adams cap hit doesn't change much until after 2021 in that scenario. They still have plenty of cash to pay Trent and work on extension for Warner. Kwon is cut/traded after this season which frees up cash as well...

Give Adams an extension end of the yr along the lines of something like CMC got (4 yr extension but actually 6 yrs under team control). Adams cap hit doesn't change much until after 2021 in that scenario. They still have plenty of cash to pay Trent and work on extension for Warner. Kwon is cut/traded after this season which frees up cash as well...

That looks a bit rich for me. Losing a significant pick in each of the next two drafts will hurt. And I am not sure what use we can make of a 2020 5th (!).
Originally posted by English:
That looks a bit rich for me. Losing a significant pick in each of the next two drafts will hurt. And I am not sure what use we can make of a 2020 5th (!).

Lol you know what I meant

I don't see how that's rich at all personally...if anything NJ probably says no.

We're giving up two players that are FAs in a yr and two day 2 picks that are hopefully gonna be low day 2 picks...for a all-pro S and leader in his prime.

Kwon is more than likely gone after this yr so he frees up some cap space over the next couple yrs.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 20, 2020 at 9:39 AM ]

I don't see how that's rich at all personally...if anything NJ probably says no.

We're giving up two players that are FAs in a yr and two day 2 picks that are hopefully gonna be low day 2 picks...for a all-pro S and leader in his prime.

Kwon is more than likely gone after this yr so he frees up some cap space over the next couple yrs.

Why would they give up more than they did for Jimmy, Ford, or Trent?
Originally posted by walker807:

Why would they give up more than they did for Jimmy, Ford, or Trent?
New Jersey will want the whole farm and the price we'll have to bid for him against so many other teams will be so very very expensive. I know some considers him transcendental but his position in our system doesn't really occupy the highest priority anymore. We almost won the SB with Tartt not 100 percent.

And why would they want Solomon Thomas?
Share 49ersWebzone