There are 130 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by Heroism:
David Bakhtiari just did.

Let him walk then. No OL position is worth that much.

Let's see if you're singing that same tune, when Jimmy is getting abused from his blindside, and then the Webzone will be calling for Kyle and Johns head

This just in: Jimmy G. WAS GETTING ABUSED FROM HIS BLIND SIDE THIS PAST SEASON.

And you want to pay the guy responsible for this abuse 20 MILLION DOLLARS PER SEASON?

The best answer for our left tackle issue is a repeat of the 2007 draft. The team took a guy by the name of Joe Staley. Solved our left tackle issue for a decade plus.

And, in case you are wondering, he did NOT COST $20 MILLION PER SEASON.

This isn't factual
Originally posted by braap49er:
So why haven't we signed this dude yet

Because he refused to accept the contract extension the team offered him in week (17) seventeen.
And if you've seen his presser, he mentioned this, to paraphrase:

"Pro Bowl Tackles don't usually hit the open market. It's basically unheard of. I was previously told
my value wasn't that high. So I'd be interested in seeing what my actual value would be … although
the 49ers are my preferred destination for next season"
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Because he refused to accept the contract extension the team offered him in week (17) seventeen.

"Pro Bowl Tackles don't usually hit the open market. It's basically unheard of. I was previously told
my value wasn't that high. So I'd be interested in seeing what my actual value would be … although

I sure hope our FO didn't' tell him that. If so these guys are tripping heavy.
Originally posted by lamontb:

I think he's referring to the s**tshow in Washington.

At least I hope.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I think he's referring to the s**tshow in Washington.

At least I hope.

If we know anything about our FO... then we should know for a fact they wouldn't be this dumb to tell him that. They know how important he is to our OL. Especially how bad it already is in PP. Imagine how much worse it'll be without him.
[ Edited by braap49er on Jan 19, 2021 at 12:34 PM ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Not our FO, sorry for the confusion.
It's what he was told prior to coming to the Niners
NEWS FLASH! If Trent Williams really was as awesome and great as many of you think he is, the team would have locked him up to a nice cap-friendly deal right now. I mean right this moment.

But, as of this date, TW remains unsigned. The 49ers appear ready to let TW test the free agent market. Anyone got a good guess as to why?

Perhaps he's just not that good? Perhaps a cheaper option can be found in the draft? Perhaps the plan is to slide McGlinchey over to that spot and draft another tacke to man the right side of the line?

Many questions...
NEWS FLASH! If Trent Williams really was as awesome and great as many of you think he is, the team would have locked him up to a nice cap-friendly deal right now. I mean right this moment.

But, as of this date, TW remains unsigned. The 49ers appear ready to let TW test the free agent market. Anyone got a good guess as to why?

Perhaps he's just not that good? Perhaps a cheaper option can be found in the draft? Perhaps the plan is to slide McGlinchey over to that spot and draft another tacke to man the right side of the line?

Many questions...
Did you read up on why he didn't sign the first offer ?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Smart move would be to let Trent Williams walk and use that#12 pick on a LT if we do not draft a QB at 12.

Actually even smarter move would have been to draft a LT last in the first instead of kinlaw. But then again we can't expect this front office to make the right moves so they'll probably pay him 20 million a season.
Originally posted by susweel:
Smart move would be to let Trent Williams walk and use that#12 pick on a LT if we do not draft a QB at 12.

Actually even smarter move would have been to draft a LT last in the first instead of kinlaw. But then again we can't expect this front office to make the right moves so they'll probably pay him 20 million a season.

Lol I thought I was cynical!

Wirfs isn't a LT, you don't draft a RG/RT top 14 IMO, and Kinlaw will be a beast.

As for Trent? He's worth $20M a yr.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Many questions...

I read what HE said. There's been no comment from ShannyLynch. Zero. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Radio Silence. Muted. Reserved.

Doesn't anyone else find that to be remotely interesting?

And, yes, I've read what the pundits and fans have to say. PFF has him rated as best yada, yada, yada.

Yet the inescapable truth remains. TW is unsigned.

Now, when it comes to matters like this I am often WRONG. Remember that. Very rarely do I ever hit the nail on the head. Most of the time I wind up striking my thumb. Ouch.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Many questions...

I read what HE said. There's been no comment from ShannyLynch. Zero. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Radio Silence. Muted. Reserved.

Doesn't anyone else find that to be remotely interesting?

And, yes, I've read what the pundits and fans have to say. PFF has him rated as best yada, yada, yada.

Yet the inescapable truth remains. TW is unsigned.

Now, when it comes to matters like this I am often WRONG. Remember that. Very rarely do I ever hit the nail on the head. Most of the time I wind up striking my thumb. Ouch.

This org is tight lipped, so not hearing anything doesn't mean anything. All we know is that there was an offer and it wasn't accepted.

Sounds like we don't sign him

Wirfs made the pff hall of fame last year
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Wirfs isn't a LT, you don't draft a RG/RT top 14 IMO, and Kinlaw will be a beast.

As for Trent? He's worth $20M a yr.

So I guess you wouldn't draft a RT top 9 either
Share 49ersWebzone