There are 225 users in the forums

Which 1st rounder are you more excited to see play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 1st rounder are you more excited to see play?

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by susweel:
Honestly neither looks like an elite talent. They had a chance to get a top wr but decided replace a good player they traded for no reason.

You dont watch much SEC ball, do you?

I watch a bunch of SEC ball... Kinlaw can beast it no doubt... he also can get easily taken out on plays. IMHO I think that had to do with his team.

I'm more interested in the WR. I get our DL would be fine without Buck.
[ Edited by wailers15 on Apr 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Aiyuk because I think our DL would've been strong without Kinlaw anyways.

I do think both of them can help both sides of the ball.

This!!!
Defense: "Congrats guys on that 3 and out, now we can get some well deserved rest......oh fuc*, Aiyuck just scored on a quick slant. Break's over boys, here we go."
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Defense: "Congrats guys on that 3 and out, now we can get some well deserved rest......oh fuc*, Aiyuck just scored on a quick slant. Break's over boys, here we go."

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 24, 2020 at 11:36 AM ]
Kinlaw, I love me some Buc but he was never the wrecking ball up the middle we imagined when the DL switched schemes. Assuming Kinlaw realizes his potential like Buc did, Kinlaw has a higher ceiling as a one gap penetrator and could be that wrecking ball.

Not discounting Buc and his abilities or saying Kinlaw is a better prospect. But in this scheme Kinlaw has a higher ceiling than Buc, in a two gap Buc's ceiling is higher just based on what they excel at.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Kinlaw, I love me some Buc but he was never the wrecking ball up the middle we imagined when the DL switched schemes. Assuming Kinlaw realizes his potential like Buc did, Kinlaw has a higher ceiling as a one gap penetrator and could be that wrecking ball.

Not discounting Buc and his abilities or saying Kinlaw is a better prospect. But in this scheme Kinlaw has a higher ceiling than Buc, in a two gap Buc's ceiling is higher just based on what they excel at.
Excellent observation. He did a great job using up blockers and holding the point, however, he was not a good fit for Kocurek's system. That is why I am most interested in seeing Kinlaw. He is a penetrating DT, that, combined with Bosa, Ford and AA, will create a LOT of pressure in the QB's face.

I think Kyle saw what Chris Jones did as a penetrating DT and said, "I want one of those." He got one.
Originally posted by Heroism:

What's that term, "playing speed"? Aiyuk can move.
Aiyuk. I want to see what Kyle saw or what he has planned to rate him higher than Jeudy and Lamb.
Kinlaw. I think people were overestimating our IDL after trading Buckner. Jones is good but going into the final season of his contract, Thomas sucks (still hope he has an Armstead type turnaround), Taylor and Street are unknowns.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 24, 2020 at 3:07 PM ]
Kinlaw. I'm excited to see how he performs with Arik, Bosa and hopefully Dee ford besides him.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Aiyuk. I want to see what Kyle saw or what he has planned to rate him higher than Jeudy and Lamb.

I heard Jimmy Johnson on the radio this morning and they asked him how he decided who to draft. He said that he didn't pay a lot of attention to how the players were ranked and admitted he often took players that were great but not a good fit for his system. That's probably why Kyle liked him over the other receivers. The ability to gain YAC, return punts and the long arms. The 4.5 was run when he had that core injury so he is likely a little faster than that. Herm Edwards said his numbers would have been better if they had a better pass offense last year. He also said he can play at any receiver position. I guess that's what Kyle saw.
Both as they develop over the next couple of years. Hopefully they can earn enough PT to further along the process. Got high hopes for the both of them just not this coming season
I'm excited for Kinlaw. He's massive and just looks like a straight up monster. As has been mentioned, Buc was amazing at holding up a few blockers and letting the rest of the line do work, but with the videos of Kinlaw, he looks like an interior pass rusher, which should be great for collapsing the middle.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

This is something I think a lot of people did not want to admit. As good as Defo was, and I would've loved to somehow keep him, he never took that step for us and become that dominating presence down the middle like I wanted him to.

People will double team Bosa this year, but they will quickly regret that when the kinLAW comes into town
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Honestly kinlaw so when he ball put people can stop complaining about not getting one of the big 3 receivers.

If Aiyuk is the next Dante Pettis, people will complain regardless. And they would have good reason to.
Share 49ersWebzone