LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

nice. looks happy to be here. lot of support on this team for him. think he'll take advantage.
Guys from all accounts im hearing this Dude is the Real Deal.(i dont follow a lick worth of Ncaa ball) What is his style? Aldon Smith,Dana StubS,BY,The Cowboy??
Originally posted by wailers15:
Love the guy but I will be honest I think this lack of an off-season/ preseason workouts, OTA's etc. will hurt his growth in his rookie yr. we shall see but it's been a lot of months with no contact drills , etc. all the necessary drills and tools a rookie needs.
Vets can manage this kinda of hiccups much better, as they know what to expect.
Honestly I doubt he dominates out the gates. Maybe a end of the season bloomer. Idk but rookies are at a huge disadvantage right now.

If he doesn't dominate out the gate, watch the backlash about him being the pick lol
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Guys from all accounts im hearing this Dude is the Real Deal.(i dont follow a lick worth of Ncaa ball) What is his style? Aldon Smith,Dana StubS,BY,The Cowboy??

In the many ways he wins, he's very similar to Cowboy.

Athletically, he's in a different universe than all of those guys.
Originally posted by Heroism:

damn!! You think so? I always wanted to know who
was Stronger. BY or Cowboy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Love the guy but I will be honest I think this lack of an off-season/ preseason workouts, OTA's etc. will hurt his growth in his rookie yr. we shall see but it's been a lot of months with no contact drills , etc. all the necessary drills and tools a rookie needs.
Vets can manage this kinda of hiccups much better, as they know what to expect.
Honestly I doubt he dominates out the gates. Maybe a end of the season bloomer. Idk but rookies are at a huge disadvantage right now.

If he doesn't dominate out the gate, watch the backlash about him being the pick lol

It'll only be natural if he gets backlash - I think he'll dominate from the get go.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
damn!! You think so? I always wanted to know who
was Stronger. BY or Cowboy

Cowboy is one of the strongest players to ever play in the NFL.
Cowboy is one of the strongest players to ever play in the NFL.

Imagen if BY And the Cowboy played with the 49ers @ the same time???
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh I agree, I'm not upset on how it went down. I liked Kinlaw and Aiyuk a lot...I think Lamb could be a superstar though. I also don't hate the idea of diversifying the talent level at different positions (had how many 1st rd picks invested into the DL?)

$$$$$$$$$$

No matter how many times we harp on this, it comes right back down to cap space and strategy.

RBs are absolutely essential to what Kyle does, but he's not going to "diversify" his draft selections for them.

He's going to go buy them at the swap meet and from garage sales because usable ones are cheap, easy, and plentiful.

A position like QB and along the DL...you can absolutely "cheat" the system with because guys will be getting $25-$35 Million dollar contracts at those positions in FA.

So u get a good rook there when drafting high, and you've struck gold for 5+ yrs.

I mean...you can keep saying you'd like to diversify high round picks...but we have some low rounders and non-rounders that are pretty damn talented..just werent valued as high in the draft.

If Kinlaw is the goods (big IF)...right behind Buckner being the goods...then you're looking at next to 10 years of woefully underpaying a position that should've been taxing our cap space heavily for high level production...but didnt. That leaves tons of money to spend elsewhere.

That they are at the same position is a strength for us...not a weakness.

There is absolutely no strategy whatsoever to taking a 1st round offensive tackle next year because you took a 1st Rd. DLineman this year and a 1st Rd. WR the year before. It just sounds good to you...but means nothing.

If Arizona had thought like this they wouldnt have traded away Rosen and picked a kid like Kyler Murray...a guy that's seemingly going to give us headaches for many years to come.

Every single year you've got to completely reevaluate everything and not hold onto old mistakes.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 8, 2020 at 9:48 AM ]

I think once he realizes overpowering the offensive lineman on every play isn't necessary his game goes to the next level. At times he was so focused on winning the strength battle he would not even disengage.
Originally posted by northoakland510:

I think once he realizes overpowering the offensive lineman on every play isn't necessary his game goes to the next level. At times he was so focused on winning the strength battle he would not even disengage.

This.

I don't agree that he won many ways, he won mostly by overpowering and "out-athleting". All the same stuff I heard about Josh Allen can easily be said for Kinlaw too, except Allen was much more productive and Kinlaw does have more untapped potential. I will say that Kinlaw faced a f**k ton of double teams though, that will change on this team and teams will pay the price if they do or don't double this kid up
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This.

I don't agree that he won many ways, he won mostly by overpowering and "out-athleting". All the same stuff I heard about Josh Allen can easily be said for Kinlaw too, except Allen was much more productive and Kinlaw does have more untapped potential. I will say that Kinlaw faced a f**k ton of double teams though, that will change on this team and teams will pay the price if they do or don't double this kid up

He didn't even seem to care about getting any kind of advantage. He would lose the hand battle and let the lineman grab him, but it seemed like he was just more comfortable up close.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
This.

He didn't even seem to care about getting any kind of advantage. He would lose the hand battle and let the lineman grab him, but it seemed like he was just more comfortable up close.

You have to take into consideration that he's a defensive tackle, sometimes taking up 2 blockers and letting lineman grab him is doing his job
You have to take into consideration that he's a defensive tackle, sometimes taking up 2 blockers and letting lineman grab him is doing his job

I was referring to the one on ones. Its funny cant remember what highlight I was watching but you could tell he was frustrating the linemen. #75 on one of teams pushed him over the pile at the end of a play and stood there like he won the battle.
Share 49ersWebzone