LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude has slimmed down and got lean? Why? He'll be playing 2i.

Lol you silly f**ker

Kinlaw is the inverse version of Solomon Thomas. How many seasons did we hear about how much bigger and stronger Solomon was coming into the season? This is the second year in a row we're talking about how slim Kinlaw is.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 24, 2023 at 11:30 AM ]

Maybe they're switching things up and it'll be more Davis at that spot.

also he 'knee'ded to get slim

i will see myself out
  • thl408

Less stress on the knees?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

Less stress on the knees?

ONE LAST CHANCE.
He most likely will be slated as a rotational DT, obvious passing downs only.
  • thl408
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

I think obvious passing down snaps go to AA and Hargrave.

Bosa is given snaps off at times and the rotational pieces come in to replace him. I see Kinlaw as one of those rotational pieces behind AA and Hargrave, with fairly low snap counts, barring injury to AA or Hargrave.
  • thl408

Bosa is given snaps off at times and the rotational pieces come in to replace him. I see Kinlaw as one of those rotational pieces behind AA and Hargrave, with fairly low snap counts, barring injury to AA or Hargrave.

Bosa usually comes out of the game on run/pass neutral downs, not passing downs. I'd rather rotate the subs in (Kinlaw/Givens/KDavis) for run/pass neutral downs and bring the top dawgs in (AA/Hargrave) for passing downs.

You've got it inversed. Kinlaw doesn't give them anything as a pass rusher, so why would they use him in passing situations? His role on this team is run stopper. Expect him to be on the second rotational line in base personnel and short yardage situations.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:

You've got it inversed. Kinlaw doesn't give them anything as a pass rusher, so why would they use him in passing situations? His role on this team is run stopper. Expect him to be on the second rotational line in base personnel and short yardage situations.

Right. Hargrave was signed to rush the passer, and AA does well pushing the pocket - those are your two primary nickel DTs. Kinlaw can play 1st & 10, 2nd & 7, etc. when AA/Hargrave need a breather.

I thought Kinlaw had a nice rush in week 1 vs Chicago. But Hero is right, he's going to be relied upon for stopping the run first.

When I played DT and DE in High School, slimming down helped both my run defense and pass rush. He needed to lose weight because his knee sucks.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Lol you silly f**ker

Touche

Exactly. That's why I was questioning him slimming down. We saw what happened to MM when he slimmed down to protect the knee.
Share 49ersWebzone