LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We can still dream, right? He'll certainly get the opportunity to learn from a real one with Hargrave on board!

Nope. Spare yourself. It almost always looks good this time of year.

This is probably true.
Who??
He's injury prone and IMO this should be his last season w/us.

The Jalene Hurd of the OL.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Apr 12, 2023 at 10:22 AM ]
Denied the 5th year. Not a shock
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yeah, drafted in 2020 - just about the time they started to get fed up with injury plagued players (read Jimmy)
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yeah, drafted in 2020 - just about the time they started to get fed up with injury plagued players (read Jimmy)

Held Kinlaw accountable, right?

OL?
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Denied the 5th year. Not a shock

Agreed
I will never understand this move.
Trade away our all pro DT and replace him with an unproven draft pick just to save money and then pay armstead who is definitely the weaker option of the two Oregon twin towers.
Javon's health was a factor before the selection.
Myself and a lot of others here in the zone wanted Lamb who has lived up to the hype.
and I haven't forgotten that some of you wanted Tristan Wirfs, who we handed to the Buccaneers on a silver platter.
Wirfs has done nothing but be an all pro his first two years, which would kind of solve our OT problem right now.

stupid draft move that IMO is worse than taking Solomon Thomas because three years later, they obviously didn't learn their lesson
Should've kept Buckner

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm sure he got hurt walking off the field afterwards...
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:
Trade away our all pro DT and replace him with an unproven draft pick just to save money and then pay armstead who is definitely the weaker option of the two Oregon twin towers.
Myself and a lot of others here in the zone wanted Lamb who has lived up to the hype.
and I haven't forgotten that some of you wanted Tristan Wirfs, who we handed to the Buccaneers on a silver platter.
Wirfs has done nothing but be an all pro his first two years, which would kind of solve our OT problem right now.

stupid draft move that IMO is worse than taking Solomon Thomas because three years later, they obviously didn't learn their lesson

Facts. Huge miss.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:

Facts. Huge miss.

Nah. They should've let Buckner walk and keep Ward, Armstead, etc as they did. You move Armstead to tackle immediately and take Wirfs. We get that interior of DJ Jones/AA sooner. People forget Buckner is weak against the run and as much as people rehash that Super Bowl, one of the big keys was going to be stopping the Chiefs running game. We didn't and that hurt us just as much as anything else.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 29, 2023 at 6:30 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Held Kinlaw accountable, right?

You have to. Injuries happen but if a player is *constantly injured* - to me - there may be something mental or outside of the injury that is creating that situation. Like maybe he isn't as good as they thought he was (the Solomon Thomas situation) or not really dedicated to his profession (Pettis). Its a Not For Long league. If a player can't produce for whatever reason, they have to be let go.
Dude has slimmed down and got lean? Why? He'll be playing 2i.
Share 49ersWebzone