There are 253 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Furlow:

This isn't a knee issue. This is an effort issue. Zero effort to recapture his gap or sell out to stop the RB. Kinlaw was dogging it down the stretch. People just didn't want to see it. Maybe he wasn't in football shape after the time off. I don't know, but there were way too many instances of him going through the motions after he came back.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 31, 2023 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

This isn't a knee issue. This is an effort issue. Zero effort to recapture his gap. Kinlaw was dogging it the entire way down the stretch. People just didn't want to see it.

If your knees are shot you're gonna get shoved all over the place like you are on ice out there, you have no base
if it's an effort issues and he's dogging it, he shouldn't be playing in the games, coaches shouldn't allow him to be out there
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This isn't a knee issue. This is an effort issue. Zero effort to recapture his gap. Kinlaw was dogging it the entire way down the stretch. People just didn't want to see it.

If your knees are shot you're gonna get shoved all over the place like you are on ice out there, you have no base
if it's an effort issues and he's dogging it, he shouldn't be playing in the games, coaches shouldn't allow him to be out there

I don't care if it's his knees and/or his effort, he absolute dog s**t down the stretch and especially in the playoffs. I'd imagine he'll probably get another shot this season because of his draft slot and how much is committed to him cap-wise. I just really hope he turns it around and contributes something positive.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think Kinlaw is going to have a great season in his new role and it's ideal for him based on his knee condition. He is a huge and talented player that If in key situations and only plays like 20% of the snaps a game - I think he can thrive.

also could use him to line up Bosa - Gravedigger - Kinlaw - Armstead (edge). That could be really effective (not used often but it would be an elite run stopping package and extremely effective pass rushing.

Let's hope so. We've got nothing to lose in giving him one last shot.

Except a roster spot for a more deserving player.

True but you know for cap reasons, the FO will just eat it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I don't care if it's his knees and/or his effort, he absolute dog s**t down the stretch and especially in the playoffs. I'd imagine he'll probably get another shot this season because of his draft slot and how much is committed to him cap-wise. I just really hope he turns it around and contributes something positive.

Yea if the knee is in pain then you not going to face up to opponents. If its not better by camp, i don't see him on the season roster regardless of the cap consequences.
Kinlaw played better in the 2nd half (after the game outcome was determined)

Javon Kinlaw Film in Second Half of NFC Championship vs Eagles
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kinlaw played better in the 2nd half (after the game outcome was determined)

Javon Kinlaw Film in Second Half of NFC Championship vs Eagles

Showing some fight. Good for him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We can still dream, right? He'll certainly get the opportunity to learn from a real one with Hargrave on board!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 2, 2023 at 2:47 PM ]

We can still dream, right? He'll certainly get the opportunity to learn from a real one with Hargrave on board!

Love that he's getting lighter. Knees are happy about that.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

He's actually gained weight. He came into camp last offseason at 292 pounds.

It sounds like he's working on secondary and counter moves.

He's actually gained weight. He came into camp last offseason at 292 pounds.

It sounds like he's working on secondary and counter moves.

His official bios still say 319.

Nope. Spare yourself. It almost always looks good this time of year.
I've looked for some ray of light from this guy, anything. Just making a few plays to give some hope, but there hasn't been any. I'm sure there will be some young hungry defensive linemen in camp to jump pass him on the depth chart.
His official bios still say 319.

Those bio website numbers aren't accurate. They're managed by lazy comms interns. Did you miss the Solomon Thomas situation where people were losing their minds due to Solomon Thomas being listed at 256 pounds?

1. DE Solomon Thomas. Weighs only 256 pounds, down from 275, his playing weight last season. Now, Thomas is nine pounds lighter than starting strongside linebacker Eli Harold. Weird. - Cohn

The team had to come out and clarify that the weight on the 49ers' website was wrong and Solomon Thomas was in fact 280 pounds. Kinlaw said himself he was down to 292. 49ers' color commentator, Tim Ryan, wouldn't shut up during the preseason about how Kinlaw explicitly told him he down was down to 292 pounds and ready to dominate.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 2, 2023 at 7:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone