LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Got to assume we don't pick up his 5th year at this point so if he's ever going to breakout and get overpaid in FA this season is the one.
AA was a dud. borderline bust, then balled out in his contract year and has done fine ever since... hoping same for JK
I think Kinlaw is going to have a great season in his new role and it's ideal for him based on his knee condition. He is a huge and talented player that If in key situations and only plays like 20% of the snaps a game - I think he can thrive.

also could use him to line up Bosa - Gravedigger - Kinlaw - Armstead (edge). That could be really effective (not used often but it would be an elite run stopping package and extremely effective pass rushing.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Got to assume we don't pick up his 5th year at this point so if he's ever going to breakout and get overpaid in FA this season is the one.

I can def see him ballin in his new role and getting paid in the off season (which I think would be a mistake for anyone
Hoping he would be a reliable starter). So I'm hoping we can resign him on the cheap as a reliable rotational player, If he does well this season.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think Kinlaw is going to have a great season in his new role and it's ideal for him based on his knee condition. He is a huge and talented player that If in key situations and only plays like 20% of the snaps a game - I think he can thrive.

also could use him to line up Bosa - Gravedigger - Kinlaw - Armstead (edge). That could be really effective (not used often but it would be an elite run stopping package and extremely effective pass rushing.

Let's hope so. We've got nothing to lose in giving him one last shot.
The real question is whether his knees can hold up
I'm let yall be real optimistic for the rest of the summer. I'll be back when the season starts and he's getting tossed around again.
Originally posted by father49er:
The real question is whether his knees can hold up

This. if he continues to turn his back to blockers you know his knee aint right.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
AA was a dud. borderline bust, then balled out in his contract year and has done fine ever since... hoping same for JK

AA actually played and didn't have 80yr old knees and graded in the 30s. AA didn't produce on the stat sheet, but he was never tossed like a rag doll or trounced over repeatedly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kin is still an asset. He's young, talented and finally healthy again. It he balls out, keep him and if you don't keep him because he maybe too expensive to resign. Trade him and get some pics or a player.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him released and resigned.
It's funny the farther we get away from last season the more guys are forgetting how s**tty he really played and are projecting him to have a good season.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
It's funny the farther we get away from last season the more guys are forgetting how s**tty he really played and are projecting him to have a good season.

I think he's a fine player who doesn't have any knees
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Let's hope so. We've got nothing to lose in giving him one last shot.

Except a roster spot for a more deserving player.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Share 49ersWebzone