LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know dead cap hit is a lot but if he sucks in OTA/TC, he needs to be cut ASAP. I'd rather use that spot on a player that can actually dress on Sundays. Feel bad for him but he's made millions of dollars mostly rehabbing so he will be fine as long as he didn't blow it all on hookers/coke.

It will serve as an expensive reminder to ShanaLynch to never take a player with chronic issues early in the draft.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2023/3/22/23651115/javon-kinlaw-49ers-trade-release-injury-history
49ers have no plans to trade Kinlaw.

Translation: No one wanted him or even offered lol
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I mean...it rarely makes sense to trade when your trade assets are at their lowest possible value. Would they get more ina trade than they would for a comp pick? Doubt it right now
Who??
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I mean...it rarely makes sense to trade when your trade assets are at their lowest possible value. Would they get more ina trade than they would for a comp pick? Doubt it right now

This. On the off chance he shows, something this year, he can be worth a 7th round comp pick in 2024. Also as much of a disappointment he has been, I doubt 5 DTs are going to outperform him in camp.
Wasn't he healthy at the beginning of last season, being in the best shape he has been etc?
Also weren't we expecting him to break out last season? lol

This season he doesn't have to be a focus point and can just be part of the rotation.

That being said, thank you for signing Hargrave!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Wasn't he healthy at the beginning of last season, being in the best shape he has been etc?
Also weren't we expecting him to break out last season? lol

This season he doesn't have to be a focus point and can just be part of the rotation.

That being said, thank you for signing Hargrave!

THIS gots to be the year he " makes contact" !!
I hope John is right, cause I lost all faith in Kinlaw last season.
Make or break season for sure.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Same. It was the same way I felt about Solomon Thomas in 2019. When he couldn't produce with Buckner, Bosa, Jones, Armstead, and Ford around him, I knew he was a bust.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Same. It was the same way I felt about Solomon Thomas in 2019. When he couldn't produce with Buckner, Bosa, Jones, Armstead, and Ford around him, I knew he was a bust.

Yep. Agreed 100%, same here

+1, and I'm generally optimistic to a fault.
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

+1, and I'm generally optimistic to a fault.

Same here, the Hargrave signing shows how they feel about Kinlaw.
Anyone got intel on his offseason training program? Or rehab?
Share 49ersWebzone