LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
You are seeing the glaring hole in the DTs are a dime a dozen but guards are critical narrative.

It is, and always has been, the biggest crock of s**t thrown out there
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
You are seeing the glaring hole in the DTs are a dime a dozen but guards are critical narrative.

#1 defense says otherwise...with dudes like Hassan Ridgeway and Kevin Givens and without Buckner, AA, Jones or Kinlaw. Sorry, you're wrong again.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We would have won a Superbowl.

We had that in 2019.

And this is a passing league. Not 1985. So a run defending 3T isn't as big of a deal anymore. If he can pass rush though, now you're talking!

They didn't draft Kinlaw with the anticipation of being a run defending 3t. Thought he had upside to do more. Hasnt materialized.

Justin Jefferson was the clear right pick in hindsight.

Just like Solomon Thomas...thought they could teach him how to be a pass rushing BE despite playing inside in a 3-4 his whole college career. Nope.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This guy could be coming back soon like Elijah Mitchells knee injury wasn't serious.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

#1 defense says otherwise...with dudes like Hassan Ridgeway and Kevin Givens and without Buckner, AA, Jones or Kinlaw. Sorry, you're wrong again.

Totally
Originally posted by Niners99:
Draft hindsight is a massive waste of time. It's mostly a crapshoot, full of factors that you couldn't have possibly predicted. Especially when you consider team situation. If Ryan Leaf had been drafted by a better team with the right mentor his career might have gone totally different. But thats not how it happened.

The Chiefs were in a position to trade up and gamble on Mahomes because they had a stable system and QB in place. If Mahomes flopped it wouldn't have sent them back into a rebuild. Other teams didn't have that luxury, so they picked other players. You cant crap on the teams who passed or didn't trade up to get him.

I don't disagree. But since other posters want to live in hindsight I figured I'd talk about the best player we could've taken.

What does the #1 passing dvoa say about guard?
Just like Solomon Thomas...thought they could teach him how to be a pass rushing BE despite playing inside in a 3-4 his whole college career. Nope.

But teaching a guy to play guard when he never has on the other hand.

What does the #1 passing dvoa say about guard?

That neither Banks and Burford have given up a sack. Weird correlation to grasp, I know.
That neither Banks and Burford have given up a sack. Weird correlation to grasp, I know.

And yet not 1st round picks. Weird. It's like you can acquire them throughout the draft.

And yet not 1st round picks. Weird. It's like you can acquire them throughout the draft.

As he said the our coach and GM needs to do,...hopefully he has learned from this experience.

I want him to be prepared for his next job.

I never ever said it HAD to be a first round pick. That's just where you start looking and you shouldn't be afraid to use a higher pick on one (just because it's a G) as we've seen how important they are to this system.

"I think the Guard position on our offense is one of the most demanding that we have, outside of QB position."

I never ever said it HAD to be a first round pick. That's just where you start looking and you shouldn't be afraid to use a higher pick on one (just because it's a G) as we've seen how important they are to this system.

"I think the Guard position on our offense is one of the most demanding that we have, outside of QB position."
You "never say anything" when it comes back to bite you. We invested in OL last year but it didn't stop you from ranting all offseason season this year on how our OL will suck this year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You "never say anything" when it comes back to bite you. We invested in OL last year but it didn't stop you from ranting all offseason season this year on how our OL will suck this year

Comprehension seems to be a continual challenge for you.

And you're still making things up.

Voicing the exact same concern with 99% of the world pre season is far different than saying it's definitively going to suck.

In fact, I took a pretty even-keeled approach saying I wouldn't even evaluate the OL until after 8 games.

How do I know you struggle with comprehension? Because I've told you this very thing like 6 times now. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 4, 2022 at 7:18 AM ]
The 3rd biggest bust under Kyle and Lynch. I still can't believe we replaced Buckner with this dude.
Share 49ersWebzone