LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 221 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Super Bowl. You can go to the Super Bowl with Javon Kinlaw.

And just get held by IOLs while teams with weapons like KC proceed to beat us

This. I can't imagine kinlaw making that big of a difference over the Forest Buckner to win us a super bowl
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
We all heard the niners wanted to replace Buckner but ignored it, it was true, now hopefully he beasts !!! Show me where the theory isn't true, win in the trenches and win the game ?!?!

You do when in the trenches. but he's not going to be half the player Buckner was You know that I know that so how did we get better today
Nobody knows how good he is going to be. So therefore nobody knows NOTHING. Hes raw and has TONS of potential. That's all anybody knows.

This. I can't imagine kinlaw making that big of a difference over the Forest Buckner to win us a super bowl

He isn't going to. Buck was an all pro for a reason. The colts have up 13 and payed him 20 million for a reason. Stupid pick.
I've ALWAYS loved the principle of building from the trenches. Hopes this works out.

Basically, DeFo for Kinlaw + whoever. Might work out.

Honestly though, when Wirfs fell to 13, I was thinking that we might work on the OFFENSIVE side of the trenches first, which IMO is a bigger concern.

Wonder if they manage to turn #31 into a couple of Players....
I am ok with the pick. Kinlaw will play the same position as Buckner did, and this will allow Armstead to play the same role that he did last year where he had a career year. Kinlaw is under control for 4 cheap years, and a 5th year option, so we can keep this D-line together going forward. This most likely will be Fords last year on the team, because we can get out from his deal next year pretty cheaply and find a cheaper replacement.
The more I watch this guy the more I wanted him. I'm so glad we got him
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
I doubt he starts over DJ Jones so as of today we in my opinion are not any better than we were yesterday. And we didn't do anything to win the super bowl

smh You said this last week. He's going to start next to Jones. It's like you think only one defensive tackle will be on the field.
I never said that what I've been saying the whole entire time is that he's not going to start over Thomas he's not going to start over Jones. That's exactly what I've been saying someone argued that Solomon Thomas and Jones aren't tackles. And to make it easy on him I just said okay he's not starting over Jones because the guy also disagreed that Thomas was sliding inside which John Lynch said that was going to happen
lol Delusional. He's going to start over Thomas. Bank on it!
Originally posted by Heroism:

Hero, how do you see Kinlaw's fit? Curious as you have commented a fair amount about the role he will play.

You know, we still have more picks in this draft right? Man, some of y'all act like we just traded the rest of our picks for a bag of chips or something
Lynch picked the wrong line to bolster ffs. It's the OL that desperately needed fixing, not the DL. Not thrilled, sure he's going to be good, but I'd rather have seen us go OL, WR, and then go back to the defensive side of the ball.

• dj43
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I've ALWAYS loved the principle of building from the trenches. Hopes this works out.

Honestly though, when Wirfs fell to 13, I was thinking that we might work on the OFFENSIVE side of the trenches first, which IMO is a bigger concern.

That tells us they are comfortable with Joe for at least another season. Joe said he wants to play through 2021.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Lynch picked the wrong line to bolster ffs. It's the OL that desperately needed fixing, not the DL. Not thrilled, sure he's going to be good, but I'd rather have seen us go OL, WR, and then go back to the defensive side of the ball.

FWIW the draft isnt over.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Midbay:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Hero, how do you see Kinlaw's fit? Curious as you have commented a fair amount about the role he will play.

I think he'll come in when DJ Jones gets tired
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

That tells us they are comfortable with Joe for at least another season. Joe said he wants to play through 2021.

Also tells us they don't have much confidence in Thomas. In hindsight, Kinlaw is one of a few players in this draft who have the ability to wreck games.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 23, 2020 at 7:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone