There are 150 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
He has zero moves to get out of an engagement. He just kinda stands there. He's a solid 2 gapper and he takes up space, but other than being huge and looking the part he's been a major disappointment.

I have to agree that he's not developing as a puss rusher. And even in the run game, he doesn't seem to hold his ground.

Agreed. That's Jimmy's department.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He has zero moves to get out of an engagement. He just kinda stands there. He's a solid 2 gapper and he takes up space, but other than being huge and looking the part he's been a major disappointment.

I have to agree that he's not developing as a puss rusher. And even in the run game, he doesn't seem to hold his ground.

LMAO. My bad—gonna edit that one out. But hey, Kinlaw does showcase that skill when getting after Grant Cohn!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
JUDGMENT YEAR... so far he's been on the negative side of the grading..
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dude is getting tossed around out there. Let's hope he picks it up. Still a ton of football legt

Yeah. I noticed too. I think the problem is he lost a bunch of weight. He used to be bigger but now they can move him around easily. Problem is when hes too big he's probably way more injury prone. Sucks but it is what it is.
This guy sucks. Horrible in the run game. I thought this dude was tough? Apparently only with grant.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 26, 2022 at 2:10 PM ]
After watching the game again, Kinlaw did some good stuff, but he is not at the point he can be that guy that beats double teams with regularity.

I think Kinlaw would have been spectacular in the Stubby and BY era defense. If he could just shoot a gap all game he would probably be one of the better 49ers DT historically.

LMAO. My bad—gonna edit that one out. But hey, Kinlaw does showcase that skill when getting after Grant Cohn!

Haha. Nah leave it. We all need a good laugh!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
After watching the game again, Kinlaw did some good stuff, but he is not at the point he can be that guy that beats double teams with regularity.

I think Kinlaw would have been spectacular in the Stubby and BY era defense. If he could just shoot a gap all game he would probably be one of the better 49ers DT historically.

Another guy that missed a bunch of time due to injury. Explosive athlete for sure. Far from a finished product but hard to believe many are not liking the tools you've seen.

He completely blew up the 2 pt. conversion attempt and kept us a fg from the win.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 28, 2022 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Another guy that missed a bunch of time due to injury. Explosive athlete for sure. Far from a finished product but hard to believe many are not liking the tools you've seen.

He completely blew up the 2 pt. conversion attempt and kept us a fg from the win.
great game, but the one play he let off the gas was the almost sack he had on Wilson. Wilson just ran right passed him

believe the got the TD right after
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 28, 2022 at 7:47 PM ]

Didn't he get a piece of the extra point that the bears missed? He also blocked a fg last year vs Phi which helped us out a lot. If nothing else, he is excellent at batting down balls at the LOS and that's pretty valuable. Just look at what happens to the niners when there's a batted ball from Jimmy…..drive is over! Or the SB.

IMO nobody on the defensive side of the ball should be getting called out currently. Obviously Kinlaw is not hurting us right now. The defense has been as good as it can be.
Originally posted by evil:

99 Problemz!

And arthritis is one.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
IMO nobody on the defensive side of the ball should be getting called out currently. Obviously Kinlaw is not hurting us right now. The defense has been as good as it can be.

46.7 grade so far. He does have the 2nd most snaps on the DL though so that's great news.
46.7 grade so far. He does have the 2nd most snaps on the DL though so that's great news.

okay let's write this down NC is using PFF grades. Let's makes sure to stick with those grades for everyone, not just when we want to use it
Originally posted by NYniner85:

okay let's write this down NC is using PFF grades. Let's makes sure to stick with those grades for everyone, not just when we want to use it

If its a metric, I post it. Like you. I'll let you guys make your own interpretations off them. And I'll call something out if I don't see something add up.
Share 49ersWebzone