There are 169 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a 49er!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jcs:
Not really. Both 1st round picks and both have accomplished very little for that investment here.

We can also double down on the fact that this team got rid of an all pro at his position for the rights to draft him to replace said all pro that just magnifies the disappointment.

If you recall, it wasn't that simple. It was largely a matter of cap dollars.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Not bad, not great last night. Not much leg drive/movement after initial contact is what stood out on a few plays.

It's gonna take some time for him get back in game shape. But Tim Ryan saying he's at 290 pounds caught my attention.
No way Kinlaw is 290. Tim Ryan also raved about brock purdy arm strength. He's not a fact machine at all
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
What are you guys talking about? He looked just fine in his first game back. Even tipped a pass.

Agree, he looked good after a very serious knee injury. Give him a bit of time to get up to speed.

But he didn't have multiple sacks and TFLs so he just sucks. I mean, it's not like he was the only starter who was playing on D tonight...

The injury delayed his development a bit. If he can stay healthy this year - he'll be much better at the end of the season versus the beginning of the season. Specially if Kocurek is coaching Kinlaw.
Originally posted by English:
Not really. Both 1st round picks and both have accomplished very little for that investment here.

We can also double down on the fact that this team got rid of an all pro at his position for the rights to draft him to replace said all pro that just magnifies the disappointment.

Cap and return value. It's not like AA got paid peanuts. One had to go and it was the player that gave us the more value. No team would've given us a 1st for AA, maybe a 2nd?
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Cap and return value. It's not like AA got paid peanuts. One had to go and it was the player that gave us the more value. No team would've given us a 1st for AA, maybe a 2nd?

Should have kept the better player
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Still on that?

As for Kinlaw, he won't get better until he practices a lot and plays a lot. Just have him out there. He will never flash consistently until he gets those reps.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Still on that?

As for Kinlaw, he won't get better until he practices a lot and plays a lot. Just have him out there. He will never flash consistently until he gets those reps.

It's unfair to Kinlaw to compare him to Buck. Moaning about that should be confined to the Lynch thread.

Kinlaw was always said to be raw, and with the injuries he's had its completely understandable that he hasn't performed yet.

This is a big season for him though, and I think he'll do well.
In live action I wonder if Kinlaw gets a 15 yard penalty b/c he would've hit the qb right on his knee.

Originally posted by lamontb:
In live action I wonder if Kinlaw gets a 15 yard penalty b/c he would've hit the qb right on his knee.

You never know with refs but I'd say a very low chance bc the OL basically tripped him
Glad to see Kinlaw beasting it up out there
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

That's a fantastic rep from Kinlaw. Super explosive first step. He beat everyone off the line including Bosa. I would love to see Kinlaw working on a counter to his bullrush because every guard is going to be sitting on his power rush this season. Something simple like a bull-pull similar to the one Chris Jones uses would be perfect for Kinlaw.

Originally posted by lamontb:

Thats a toss up depending on his football IQ, he could simply grab the QBs ankle and let help arrive. If he bear crawls its a penalty, if he hugs the ankles its either an off balanced throw or Bosa cleans up for the other half a sack.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

That's a fantastic rep from Kinlaw. Super explosive first step. He beat everyone off the line including Bosa. I would love to see Kinlaw working on a counter to his bullrush because every guard is going to be sitting on his power rush this season. Something simple like a bull-pull similar to the one Chris Jones uses would be perfect for Kinlaw.

He definitely went and got a massage after Jones landing on him
Share 49ersWebzone