LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hype is dumb

His teammates saying he is gona breakout is like being out with friends and they tell you your outfit looks great, when your wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

Prove it 1st rounder
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Hype is dumb

His teammates saying he is gona breakout is like being out with friends and they tell you your outfit looks great, when your wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

Prove it 1st rounder

His teammates don't have to say anything....it's a positive that they're saying he looks healthy and motivated. No reason to poo poo on that
Hype is dumb

Prove it 1st rounder

its a minor miracle that he can walk without getting injured.
Hype is dumb

Prove it 1st rounder

Its like girls who call their fat friend queen and say how hot they look.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Heard a pod that had Tabor Pepper on who's locker is right by Kinlaw and he's stoked for him...says he seems fully healthy and charged up. Very focused.

Well done Cohn! LOL
Well done surgery. He should have done this his rookie year instead of trying to play with it.

The injury he needed surgery for didn't happen until the Dallas game that season. It had nothing to do with his draft medical red flags.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Defend the run at a high level and help AA, Bosa and the other guys get as many 1-on-1s with 2-way gos as possible. Those are my expectations going into the season from Kinlaw.

That plugger/overlapper role in the middle of the defensive line goes unnoticed by fans, but it's super pivotal to the success of the wide 9. It gets the short end of the stick but is necessary as a safety valve for a defensive front with such wide splits.

The least he can do this season is be sound on run defense to replace DJJones, and play in lots of games - be healthy. Resting and rehabbing his knee the past couple seasons hasn't allowed him to practice much on his technique so in a way he's a year behind in terms of development. Someone should hang a picture of Cohn in his locker.
stoked to hear he's lookin great, that doctor who repaired his knee does wonders
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dts are a dime a dozen, but Kinlaw might be worth the full 12 cents

DT are a dime a dozen BUT those guards that have to block them....priceless

You still don't get this concept. Shocker. When I say DL are a dime a dozen, it means their market is massively oversarurated so you can find a massive FA pool, it's cheap, former first round picks are available always, etc. Dudes like Kinlaw and Buckner and so many other DT's don't move the needle in a passing league anymore. We actually got better in run defense without Buckner AND Kinlaw. Case in point. Spend resources elsewhere.

The extreme opposite is the OL pool. There's very few and they rarely hit the market except via trade. Laken Tomlinson was the #1 FA and he got $13M APY. Perfect example.

And I noted this before we picked Kinlaw and it was why I was OK with the trade for Buckner. Their production can be replaced by throwing cheap DT's in rotation at it and a lot of that will be former 1-3rd round picks with KK coaching them up.

It has nothing to do with G's blocking DL. LMAO
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 21, 2022 at 11:44 AM ]
Hype is dumb

Prove it 1st rounder

His teammates don't have to say anything....it's a positive that they're saying he looks healthy and motivated. No reason to poo poo on that

Im healthy and motivated too when I get to work and someone always poo poo on me. But I still produce.

I'm not trying to rain on any parade, I'm glad he's healthy. There shouldn't be any excuses then this year. Let's see this monster in action verses off season hype.
Hype is dumb

Prove it 1st rounder

Im healthy and motivated too when I get to work and someone always poo poo on me. But I still produce.

I'm not trying to rain on any parade, I'm glad he's healthy. There shouldn't be any excuses then this year. Let's see this monster in action verses off season hype.

Especially when we've down this injury road soooooooo many times and been burned come week 1. Some people never learn.

If he's truly healthy this line is going to be ridiculous.
You still don't get this concept. Shocker. When I say DL are a dime a dozen, it means their market is massively oversarurated so you can find a massive FA pool, it's cheap, former first round picks are available always, etc. Dudes like Kinlaw and Buckner and so many other DT's don't move the needle in a passing league anymore. We actually got better in run defense without Buckner AND Kinlaw. Case in point. Spend resources elsewhere.

The extreme opposite is the OL pool. There's very few and they rarely hit the market except via trade. Laken Tomlinson was the #1 FA and he got $13M APY. Perfect example.

And I noted this before we picked Kinlaw and it was why I was OK with the trade for Buckner. Their production can be replaced by throwing cheap DT's in rotation at it and a lot of that will be former 1-3rd round picks with KK coaching them up.

Dude, I usually at least understand where you're coming from, but saying that having a top end DT doesn't "move the needle" is laughable. Pressure up the middle is, and always has been detrimental to the passing game.

Yet they all still make considerably less than the top DTs

Also when was the last time a top DT hit the market?
insert a s**tty DT and watch the opposing team road grade us for 150 yards rushing every game. then tell me DTs are a dime a dozen
Dts are a dime a dozen, but Kinlaw might be worth the full 12 cents

DT are a dime a dozen BUT those guards that have to block them....priceless

I agree NC. My preferences are to not overspend on DT's or RB's and usually MLB and SS but a rare talent is the exception for the latter 2 and imo our own Fred Warner is that, you don't need a star at those positions and their production is usually closely reproduced by guys who earn a LOT less.

DJ Jones
2021 56 T, 16 assists, 2 sacks = 3.25m

Deforrest Buckner
2021 68 T, 21 assists, 7 sacks = 17m

Deforrest Buckner produced 10 more T, 5 more assists, and 5 more sacks and the difference in pay was 13.75m.

For example.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 22, 2022 at 7:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone