There are 278 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Heard a pod that had Tabor Pepper on who's locker is right by Kinlaw and he's stoked for him...says he seems fully healthy and charged up. Very focused.

Well done Cohn! LOL
Well done surgery. He should have done this his rookie year instead of trying to play with it.

Yeah, it sounded pretty bad. We certainly could have used him last year but DT's are a dime a dozen anyhow. Hehe

Glad he's getting healthy though! For real.
Dts are a dime a dozen, but Kinlaw might be worth the full 12 cents
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Heard a pod that had Tabor Pepper on who's locker is right by Kinlaw and he's stoked for him...says he seems fully healthy and charged up. Very focused.

Well done Cohn! LOL
Well done surgery. He should have done this his rookie year instead of trying to play with it.

Yeah, it sounded pretty bad. We certainly could have used him last year but DT's are a dime a dozen anyhow. Hehe

Glad he's getting healthy though! For real.

If Kinlaw gets good enough to draw two lineman his way, then Bosa shall have his supper
Defend the run at a high level and help AA, Bosa and the other guys get as many 1-on-1s with 2-way gos as possible. Those are my expectations going into the season from Kinlaw.

That plugger/overlapper role in the middle of the defensive line goes unnoticed by fans, but it's super pivotal to the success of the wide 9. It gets the short end of the stick but is necessary as a safety valve for a defensive front with such wide splits.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Defend the run at a high level and help AA, Bosa and the other guys get as many 1-on-1s with 2-way gos as possible. Those are my expectations going into the season from Kinlaw.

That plugger/overlapper role in the middle of the defensive line goes unnoticed by fans, but it's super pivotal to the success of the wide 9. It gets the short end of the stick but is necessary as a safety valve for a defensive front with such wide splits.

Jones was a beast but let's hope Kinlaw can fill that role now.

Haha. Let's hope so.

Jones was a beast but let's hope Kinlaw can fill that role now.

Let's not get carried away with our expectations jk let's hope the big man can actually stay healthy and give us some production. Any type of production would be a welcome at this point.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jul 20, 2022 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Let's not get carried away with our expectations jk let's hope the big man can actually stay healthy and give us some production. Any type of production would be a welcome at this point.

As long as he's solid against the run I'm sure he can get more pressure than DJ Jones up the middle. After all were talking about 2-3 sacks per year for Jones. Kinlaw can get that not to mention he seems to be the only D Lineman that can actually bat balls down at the LOS. We will have a drop off in run defense but we may have a small upgrade in pass D.
Let's see now. Kinlaw is 6'5', around 300# and ripped (rumored to be). Seeing him play on a bad knee and get what 1 or two sacks, intercept a pass and run it in for a TD and whatever hell else he did, what is he going to be like healthy? I can see two, maybe three blockers trying to stop him and barely cause him to slow down. Let's let him get on the field and see what happens (Grant!!!).
Is he ready to go or nah?
Is that you Grant?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Is he ready to go or nah?

Cleared to practice off of IR. Good to go!!!

Agree with this but if that's all he does then it was a waste of #14 overall pick. Pass rush abilities/productivity should be expected of DT's selected that high. Run stuffing/plugger role DT's are a dime a dozen (agree with NC on this) and can be found much later in the draft and if not there off the street in FA; which is why I hated this pick and would've went in a different direction. Oh well hopefully he does something this year
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Agree with this but if that's all he does then it was a waste of #14 overall pick. Pass rush abilities/productivity should be expected of DT's selected that high. Run stuffing/plugger role DT's are a dime a dozen (agree with NC on this) and can be found much later in the draft and if not there off the street in FA; which is why I hated this pick and would've went in a different direction. Oh well hopefully he does something this year

Still better than Thomas. Lol

i think they took him believing he was a do everything DT with some serious pocket collapsing ability. I am optimistic for kInlaw. I think and hope he explodes this year - assuming he's finally healthy.

Yes sir...he could be a late bloomer much like AA was early in his career as well.

DT are a dime a dozen BUT those guards that have to block them....priceless
Share 49ersWebzone