There are 231 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If he can play up to draft expectations - we'll have one of the most ferocious defenses in the league.

Can to imagine if he stayed healthy and played up to that draft status plus Drake Jackson balled out too? Good Lord. All that capital would have finally paid off!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If he can play up to draft expectations - we'll have one of the most ferocious defenses in the league.

Can to imagine if he stayed healthy and played up to that draft status plus Drake Jackson balled out too? Good Lord. All that capital would have finally paid off!

With those s**tty knees, I'll be surprised if we get more than one or two good seasons. My biggest feat is he balls out on a contract year and we extend him over better players. Kind of like what happened with AA and Buck.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
With those s**tty knees, I'll be surprised if we get more than one or two good seasons. My biggest feat is he balls out on a contract year and we extend him over better players. Kind of like what happened with AA and Buck.

I doubt he's a second contract player for us, but I hope he plays well enough for us to pick up his 5th year option. Who knows, maybe this whole JK/Grant Cohn fiasco will be a turning point. I'm very skeptical at this point, but I do expect the FO to give him every chance to start and get reps. They don't want the Buckner trade to be a complete bust.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I hope that ACL surgery does the trick for Kinlaw.

That should certainly help with the ACL...now just need to manage the tendonosis.

Where did you get the tendonosis evaluation from?

My bad, guys. My phone auto fills tendonosis before tendinitis.

Anyhow, he's always had tendinitis long before the ACL surgery. Post surgery, tendinitis might be likely as well. In short, tendinitis is likely to be something he'll have to manage and probably was a big reason he's trimmed down so much to help with managing that.

It is possible for tendinitis to just go away but with a man that size, his genetics, surgeries, and what will be asked of him, my guess is he'll always need to manage it and some weeks will be more painful than others. My guess is he'll remain an early 2-down player at 2i.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/knee-tendinitis-49ers-dee-ford-javon-kinlaw-explained-doctor

Banffy has examined draft prospects at the past four combines and isn't too surprised by the report.

"I will definitely downgrade them because that means they are probably going to have issues," Banffy said. "They are probably going to have a little bit of swelling at the knees. They are probably going to need some maintenance on the knees such as injections, and they're going to be in the training room a little more often.

"So I would give these guys C-minuses. We still take those guys."

Where did you do your orthopedic surgeon residency?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

True. He'll probably be a 1 down guy.

Lol that's not what I was laughing at

True. He'll probably be a 1 down guy.

Lol that's not what I was laughing at

Originally posted by Niners99:

That should certainly help with the ACL...now just need to manage the tendonosis.

Anyhow, he's always had tendinitis long before the ACL surgery. Post surgery, tendinitis might be likely as well. In short, tendinitis is likely to be something he'll have to manage and probably was a big reason he's trimmed down so much to help with managing that.

It is possible for tendinitis to just go away but with a man that size, his genetics, surgeries, and what will be asked of him, my guess is he'll always need to manage it and some weeks will be more painful than others. My guess is he'll remain an early 2-down player at 2i.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/knee-tendinitis-49ers-dee-ford-javon-kinlaw-explained-doctor

Banffy has examined draft prospects at the past four combines and isn't too surprised by the report.

"I will definitely downgrade them because that means they are probably going to have issues," Banffy said. "They are probably going to have a little bit of swelling at the knees. They are probably going to need some maintenance on the knees such as injections, and they're going to be in the training room a little more often.

S&C Center, 4949 Centennial Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054

You may have heard of me. I coined the phrase, "What shoulder?!?"

I also coined the less publicized, "What knee?!?" too.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 30, 2022 at 2:56 PM ]

NC "doc"

Originally posted by NYniner85:

NC "doc"

That man is a brilliant legendary Doc...quirky...but time transcendent. LOL

Dude better be a breakout star this year with all the talking hes been doing.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

With all the draft capital the 9ers have Invested on Defensive linemen over the years, you'd think we'd have a couple of super bowls to with It. After all, Defense wins super bowls.

Let's hope kin stays healthy and actually produces.
[ Edited by Sickaa on May 30, 2022 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:

With all the draft capital the 9ers have Invested on Defensive linemen over the years, you'd think we'd have a couple of super bowls to with It. After all, Defense wins super bowls.

We would've if Justin Smith AND Aldon Smith were not injured in the SB vs Baltimore not to mention Dee Ford AND DJ Jones in the SB vs KC.

You really should've known the answer already

I'm just hoping for a healthy season from him lol.... baby steps for me.... but yeah he be talking like hes a vet with multiple all pro seasons lol
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on May 30, 2022 at 7:51 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Unfortunately refs have screwed this team more than once in the big game.
Share 49ersWebzone