49ers activate Arik Armstead, Hroniss Grasu from reserve/COVID-19 list →

There are 123 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a 49er!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerTy:
We'll see after the bye if he's a two down player. I sense the DC was bringing him along slowly and now will unleash him. Hope he's doing well as far as his health is concerned 😎

You don't need to wait until after the bye. He's not constantly coming off the field on third downs like DJ Jones was last season.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The 2 down stuff is pretty funny. Has the most snaps of any Niner interior DL, by a good amount, and his snap count % is pretty high .

At this point that's a tired old take that's been debunked.

LOL. What? It's fact.

Snaps - % of Defensive Snaps
39 - 48%
43 - 66%
28 - 62%
47 - 76%
45 - 67%
41 - 68%
25 - 48%
47 - 69%
40 - 61%
35 - 59%

Buckner 2019 = 824 of 1004 defensive snaps (lowest of his career).
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2020 at 4:04 AM ]
Don't worry young fella. They'll cheer you here!

Originally posted by NinerTy:
We'll see after the bye if he's a two down player. I sense the DC was bringing him along slowly and now will unleash him. Hope he's doing well as far as his health is concerned 😎

This. Hit his rookie wall. 10 straight weeks. I don't know if they ever plan to use him like Buckner (every year, top of the board in defensive snaps across the NFL) but I do anticipate they'll use him more and more these final weeks.

Or, at least I hope they do!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2020 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol. You are trying way too hard NC

This. A lot of hypocritical stuff going on here

DTs have zero impact in pass rushing and yet we need top end talent at IOL for pass-protection...Spin it how ever he wants he said exactly that lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol. You are trying way too hard NC

This. A lot of hypocritical stuff going on here

DTs have zero impact in pass rushing and yet we need top end talent at IOL for pass-protection...Spin it how ever he wants he said exactly that lol.

The facts are right in front of you as always. Ignore what you will.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This. Hit his rookie wall. 10 straight weeks. I don't know if they ever plan to use him like Buckner (every year, top of the board in defensive snaps across the NFL) but I do anticipate they'll use him more and more these final weeks.

Or, at least I hope they do!

Kinlaw has been forced to take more snaps because of the injuries to the D line. The rotation was thrown out of whack in week one when Bosa and Thomas were both lost for the season. Blair hasn't been able to play at all either. It may be wearing him down but it's also valuable training. He didn't get the usual training camp so he needed the extra reps. It will also tell him if he needs to get in better shape for next year. All and all I'm pleased with his 1st season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't worry young fella. They'll cheer you here!


Why did they boo him?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The 2 down stuff is pretty funny. Has the most snaps of any Niner interior DL, by a good amount, and his snap count % is pretty high .

At this point that's a tired old take that's been debunked.

LOL. What? It's fact.

Snaps - % of Defensive Snaps
39 - 48%
43 - 66%
28 - 62%
47 - 76%
45 - 67%
41 - 68%
25 - 48%
47 - 69%
40 - 61%
35 - 59%

Buckner 2019 = 824 of 1004 defensive snaps (lowest of his career).

SMH Calling him a two down player because he's not consistently playing 70-80 percent of the snaps like Buckner did is a flawed argument.
Seeing some good flashes. Thats as much as you can ask of 99% of rookie DTs. Very, very few of them come in dominating.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why did they boo him?

Looks like he praised a few of the South Carolina players who have quit on the team. Gets called out for it by the fans and says, "they securing the bag" who cares. Then tweets that Gamecock fans are the worst.
Not exactly the type of mindset you wanna see but maybe I'm just old school.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't worry young fella. They'll cheer you here!


Why did they boo him?

Because he's just a 2 down player.
Originally posted by SFrush:
SMH Calling him a two down player because he's not consistently playing 70-80 percent of the snaps like Buckner did is a flawed argument.

No, I'm calling him a 2 down player because he's taking roughly (less than) 66% of the defensive snaps which is 2 of 3 snaps.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why did they boo him?

Looks like he praised a few of the South Carolina players who have quit on the team. Gets called out for it by the fans and says, "they securing the bag" who cares. Then tweets that Gamecock fans are the worst.
Not exactly the type of mindset you wanna see but maybe I'm just old school.

And didn't Deebo chime in too? Said something similar to Kinlaw and had to retract some.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why did they boo him?

Looks like he praised a few of the South Carolina players who have quit on the team. Gets called out for it by the fans and says, "they securing the bag" who cares. Then tweets that Gamecock fans are the worst.
Not exactly the type of mindset you wanna see but maybe I'm just old school.

And didn't Deebo chime in too? Said something similar to Kinlaw and had to retract some.

They are right. Fans are petty and fickle. Make that money boys. But they should be more professional.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 22, 2020 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone