LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why did they boo him?

Looks like he praised a few of the South Carolina players who have quit on the team. Gets called out for it by the fans and says, "they securing the bag" who cares. Then tweets that Gamecock fans are the worst.
Not exactly the type of mindset you wanna see but maybe I'm just old school.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't worry young fella. They'll cheer you here!

Why did they boo him?

Because he's just a 2 down player.
Originally posted by SFrush:
SMH Calling him a two down player because he's not consistently playing 70-80 percent of the snaps like Buckner did is a flawed argument.

No, I'm calling him a 2 down player because he's taking roughly (less than) 66% of the defensive snaps which is 2 of 3 snaps.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Why did they boo him?

Looks like he praised a few of the South Carolina players who have quit on the team. Gets called out for it by the fans and says, "they securing the bag" who cares. Then tweets that Gamecock fans are the worst.

And didn't Deebo chime in too? Said something similar to Kinlaw and had to retract some.
Why did they boo him?

And didn't Deebo chime in too? Said something similar to Kinlaw and had to retract some.

They are right. Fans are petty and fickle. Make that money boys. But they should be more professional.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 22, 2020 at 9:30 AM ]
Why did they boo him?

They are right. Fans are petty and fickle. Make that money boys. But they should be more professional.

I thought so. I didn't know what started it but now I get it. Yeah, you graduated. Let it go. Pro time.
SMH Calling him a two down player because he's not consistently playing 70-80 percent of the snaps like Buckner did is a flawed argument.

No, I'm calling him a 2 down player because he's taking roughly (less than) 66% of the defensive snaps which is 2 of 3 snaps.

Can't argue the math
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

Can't argue the math

Maybe he thought I meant only a player on first and second downs and comes off the field on passing downs like Jones (a 1T).
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The 2 down stuff is pretty funny. Has the most snaps of any Niner interior DL, by a good amount, and his snap count % is pretty high .

At this point that's a tired old take that's been debunked.

LOL. What? It's fact.

Snaps - % of Defensive Snaps
39 - 48%
43 - 66%
28 - 62%
47 - 76%
45 - 67%
41 - 68%
25 - 48%
47 - 69%
40 - 61%
35 - 59%

Buckner 2019 = 824 of 1004 defensive snaps (lowest of his career).

Bingo
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

Can't argue the math

Maybe he thought I meant only a player on first and second downs and comes off the field on passing downs like Jones (a 1T).

Which is how you've tried to spin it . You know what you are doing with the 2 down stuff lol

• evil
  • Veteran

But that isn't the definition of two down player with regards to DL. A two down DL comes off the field on 3rd downs... this kid has been getting plenty of 3rd down opportunities.

I don't see what the problem is with Kinlaw playing 60 some percent of the defensive snaps.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

But that isn't the definition of two down player with regards to DL. A two down DL comes off the field on 3rd downs... this kid has been getting plenty of 3rd down opportunities.

I don't see what the problem is with Kinlaw playing 60 some percent of the defensive snaps.

Yeah that was my definition of a two down DL.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Not just yours, that's the known definition of a 2 down player for front 7 defensive players around the entire league.

LOL. Given it's a passing league, every down is a passing down. I've always focused on the correlated snap counts. Define it however you'd like but, math. Hell, break those snaps down by the splits on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down for all I care. I want my #15 on every down minus the occasional rotation. He's not a 1T. He's a 3T.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2020 at 12:46 PM ]

Not just yours, that's the known definition of a 2 down player for front 7 defensive players around the entire league.

Should we call him a one down passing player then? LOL
Share 49ersWebzone