LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BumCity:
It's encouraging considering what we heard out of TC which makes me wonder if the TC reports are even worth paying attention to. In TC, we heard negative things about Kinlaw and great things about Kentavius Street and others that didn't materialize on Sunday. It makes me curious to see what we'll get from Aiyuk.

TC reports this yr should be taken with a grain of salt...not a normal off season.

Agreed.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pretty bad. So bad Givens got more snaps. And he was awful as well

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
This guy is not going to help us at all this year.

Originally posted by wailers15:
I don't think so. He looked so fkn lost and got manhandled constantly

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's no Buckner.

Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Yea. Definitely not impressed with my first look at Kinlaw. He didn't really flash anything to me. Not based solely in terms of production. I was at least expecting to see some good tendencies or technique. I didn't see violent hands. I didn't see a quick get-off. He produced little to zero penetration and his pad level was way too high. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with him going forward.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Just bumping some initial reactions after the game...

Perhaps next time folks will be less inclined to run in and bash a player before actually getting a chance to rewatch the game and concentrating on the line play.

He s no Buckner yet and the line missed Buck terribly.
It isn't Kinlaw's fault, he is developing. Solly is terrible and AA is ???.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Sep 17, 2020 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He'll bash Saleh regardless of how good his D performs lol. Maybe next time the offense will actually convert a 3rd down and keep our D fresh for once.

Yeah I mean there's a couple things you could point out that the D could have done a little different...the defense doesn't give up the long ball. One of the best in the league. Our DL got a ton of pressure, issue was they were giving up all that underneath stuff. Murray didn't throw the ball down field at all. It was all dinking and dunking getting the ball out fast, which doesn't let the DL get their hands on Murray.

Saleh could have changing things up a little after seeing all that...with that said jimmy's inaccuracy was the big issue. Offense overall wasn't good and it's not because the AZ defense was good lol.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He s no Buckner yet and the line missed Buck terribly.
It isn't Kinlaw's fault, he is developing. Solly is terrible and AA is ???.

Buck is my boy, the DL played more than fine on Sunday. I think 15+ pressures? We didn't lose the game because we missed Buck.

We lost because our QB played horrible....and we still almost won lol.
Pocket quarterbacks are going to be food.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pretty bad. So bad Givens got more snaps. And he was awful as well

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
This guy is not going to help us at all this year.

Originally posted by wailers15:
I don't think so. He looked so fkn lost and got manhandled constantly

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's no Buckner.

Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Yea. Definitely not impressed with my first look at Kinlaw. He didn't really flash anything to me. Not based solely in terms of production. I was at least expecting to see some good tendencies or technique. I didn't see violent hands. I didn't see a quick get-off. He produced little to zero penetration and his pad level was way too high. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with him going forward.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Just bumping some initial reactions after the game...

Perhaps next time folks will be less inclined to run in and bash a player before actually getting a chance to rewatch the game and concentrating on the line play.

Lol

Wonder what some people are watching at times. I think they just have it in their minds he isn't going to be good so their mind makes up what they think should have happened.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Nice breakdown!
I was more frustrated with Saleh keeping the d line in the wide 9 the whole game. It seemed like Murray knew where all the gaps will be for him to get through.
Originally posted by NickMullensBDN:
Lol

Wonder what some people are watching at times. I think they just have it in their minds he isn't going to be good so their mind makes up what they think should have happened.

During the first half people kept saying the line wasn't getting pressure. I was like when they pin their ears back and just rush Murray he is going to feast. In the second half when they got tired, lost discipline and just rushed he killed them. The line was doing a pretty good job, Saleh should have made some line adjustments just like he was making coverage adjustments.

Originally posted by northoakland510:
Originally posted by NickMullensBDN:
Lol

During the first half people kept saying the line wasn't getting pressure. I was like when they pin their ears back and just rush Murray he is going to feast. In the second half when they got tired, lost discipline and just rushed he killed them. The line was doing a pretty good job, Saleh should have made some line adjustments just like he was making coverage adjustments.

Pretty much yeah. A tired D having to play against someone like Murray is a recipe for disaster. The entire team needs to improve if they're gonna have another shot at the super bowl.
Originally posted by BumCity:
It's encouraging considering what we heard out of TC which makes me wonder if the TC reports are even worth paying attention to. In TC, we heard negative things about Kinlaw and great things about Kentavius Street and others that didn't materialize on Sunday. It makes me curious to see what we'll get from Aiyuk.

I my opinion some of TC has to be taken with a grain of salt. Guys are working on things there that wouldn't normally do in normal game situations.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nobody is panicking. But that's FAR below standards esp. given the continuity of the unit, personnel and resources allocated to this side of the ball and familiarity with the opponent and scheme. You didn't think Saleh knew they'd force feed Hopkins and let Murray scramble? Poor plan all around and well below standards. Nobody is panicking (or should) in week 1 but there are some legit patterns of concern here too.

LOL look at this walkback. You just compared last week's mediocre performance to the worst defensive performance we had last year when the defense gave up almost twice (46) the points to the Saints because of yards allowed. Really?

Calm down, dude. We may have serious defensive problems down the road, especially if our secondary continues to be injured, but this game wasn't anywhere near the defensive catastrophe you're describing. In fact, we gave up less points in it than we did in our combined two game average against the same team last year, and that was with a blocked punt practically giving away redzone position for one of the TD scores.

I was wrong though.

That's for sure. Eat that crow...yum....
[ Edited by RasSuar on Sep 17, 2020 at 10:11 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

THAT WAS SEXY
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nobody is panicking. But that's FAR below standards esp. given the continuity of the unit, personnel and resources allocated to this side of the ball and familiarity with the opponent and scheme. You didn't think Saleh knew they'd force feed Hopkins and let Murray scramble? Poor plan all around and well below standards. Nobody is panicking (or should) in week 1 but there are some legit patterns of concern here too.

LOL look at this walkback. You just compared this week's mediocre performance to the worst defensive performance we had last year when the defense gave up almost twice (46) the points. Calm down, dude. We may have serious problems down the road, especially if our secondary continues to be injured, but this game wasn't anywhere near the defensive catastrophe you're describing. In fact, we gave up less points in it than we did in our combined two game average against the same team last year, and that was with a blocked punt practically giving away redzone position for one of the TD scores.

I was wrong though.

That's for sure. Eat that crow...yum....

Share 49ersWebzone