There are 61 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a 49er!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Me vs the WZers regarding Kin

Does this mean you've adopted him as your son before Hero could?
Originally posted by Koldo:
Don't take all the credit!

Lol oh know I won't! He's still a rookie with a lot to learn. Arrow up though!
Originally posted by thl408:

Haha nah, he's wasn't my boy pre-draft. I did have him as DT1 and a ideal fit for our defense. I understand the pick even though I wanted Lamb at that point.

He's got a lot to prove and it will be a process, I wasn't buying the he's gonna be dogs**t or is just a 2 down DT because of limited training camp chatter...if people want to make those claims (which is fine), at least watch him in college/Senior Bowl as well.

Haha nah, he's wasn't my boy pre-draft. I did have him as DT1 and a ideal fit for our defense. I understand the pick even though I wanted Lamb at that point.

He's got a lot to prove and it will be a process, I wasn't buying the he's gonna be dogs**t or is just a 2 down DT because of limited training camp chatter...if people want to make those claims (which is fine), at least watch him in college/Senior Bowl as well.

Maiocco predicted that but I didn't agree with it either.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Maiocco predicted that but I didn't agree with it either.

Yup and that's why he's a writer and not a football coach/scout
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. 400 yards of offense (2nd to only the Saints game). Ras with the same standards for the OL too. Going places!

And Snake, it's 'per se'

C'mon, dude. I know you're kind of trolling here out of butthurt here but at least use a legit metric other than an empty one like yards allowed to measure success vs. a hurry up offense. We performed 14th out 32 teams in terms of Defensive DVOA last week. Not bad, not great. Let's not panic just yet.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Arz would probably scored over a 100 points on us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 3-3-3 defense would only field 9 players on the field unless it's the modern way of calling defenses now. I thought it was a typo but you kept mentioning your 3-3-3 defense on all your posts. Math is not my strongest subject but I'm sure 11 against 9 is a mismatch all day everyday.

ISU calls its brand of Hybrid 3-3-5 defense the 3-3-3 "Air Raid Killer" Defense because of how they stack 3 DL, LB and S in support of another at all three levels of the defense in the middle of the field like this:

I write about it on this thread here if you're interested in learning a little bit about why I like it so much for a team like Arizona going forward.
[ Edited by RasSuar on Sep 16, 2020 at 7:49 PM ]

The experts seem to be in accord. My own feeling is that we just might've scored big on our two 1st round picks this past draft with him and Aiyuk. If so, we already killed it there to say nothing of what we'll get from Williams, Woerner, Hasty, et al.
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Arz would probably scored over a 100 points on us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 3-3-3 defense would only field 9 players on the field unless it's the modern way of calling defenses now. I thought it was a typo but you kept mentioning your 3-3-3 defense on all your posts. Math is not my strongest subject but I'm sure 11 against 9 is a mismatch all day everyday.

ISU calls its brand of Hybrid 3-3-5 defense the 3-3-3 Defensive because of how they stack 3 DL, LB and S in all three levels of the defense in the middle of the field behind one another like this:

So it's a Hybrid 3-3-5 then, got it! Usually every formations accounts for every personnel on the field (DLs-LBs-DBs) but cool..

Originally posted by Heroism:

Wow dusky even catch that one rush where he just decimated the left side of the line. This is exciting stuff . I imagine he's just going to get better and better. Looks like he's already applying tricks of the trade from Bosa
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 16, 2020 at 8:45 PM ]
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

He got pancaked the very next play on the first highlight but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Good to see
Originally posted by Jiks:
He got pancaked the very next play on the first highlight but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Good to see

You can say that again...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It's encouraging considering what we heard out of TC which makes me wonder if the TC reports are even worth paying attention to. In TC, we heard negative things about Kinlaw and great things about Kentavius Street and others that didn't materialize on Sunday. It makes me curious to see what we'll get from Aiyuk.
[ Edited by BumCity on Sep 17, 2020 at 12:54 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone